Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
graymr

Tips on hiring an interior designer in the St. Louis area?

graymr
10 years ago
My husband and I completed a 2.5 story add'n a year and a half ago, with an amazing bedroom space, MBR, family room, kitchen, mudroom. We are not interior design minded people, but feel like we have good taste. After we finished the add'n I was tired of making decisions, and we were frankly tired of writing huge checks and so we have left much of the addition space largely undecorated and barely furnished. I hired an interior decorator on a whim to help with decorating but really didn't interview her and found out that my style and her way of communicating did not really work with my schedule or my tastes. I also tried going through a furniture store and found that the person was not really willing to do any design input, but seemed like she just wanted us to figure out what we needed and buy the furniture…(which we were very willing to do, but just would have liked some ideas to go on, etc). Basically we have a lot of work for an ID, and don't want to buy all "fine furniture" but would love to by some great pieces of such, but also have a budget and would like someone to find cool pieces from any source (big box or otherwise, etc)…I need to communicate largely by email, exchanging photographs…If anyone has any good ideas or tips or even designers, and/or design companies that they would recommend, we live in the St. Louis area.

Comments (2)