Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_6644867

What does it mean "Required outside cabinet: 54" ?

The spec overall size is 48". My existing sink is 48". I would love to put in this sink with my new countertops. However, I'm confused on the "Required outside cabinet" size.
Blanco Silgranit Kitchen Sinks · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Westheimer Plumbing & Hardware
    10 years ago
    The cabinet space is when you open the doors under the cabinet how wide is it from wall to wall inside the cabinet. The drain board can sit over a dishwasher and it wouldn't require as big of a cabinet space. Do you know what your existing cabinet space is now? I could tell you if it would fit or not. I believe with your existing sink being 48" you will be perfectly fine in fitting this. I will double check though if you can get me the cabinet size.
  • Laura Lindquist
    8 years ago

Hi. I really LOVE the look of this sink but my design crew says that the sink can not sit over the dishwasher due to heat and vibration from the washer. Have you installed this sink successfully over dishwashers without a problem? Is there a certain clearance needed between the dishwasher top and counter?

My design team wants me to purchase a different sink but I really don't want to!

• PRO
    8 years ago

I have not heard of the sink not being able to sit over the dishwasher. I have had plenty of clients install it that way. I'm not sure if they know something different but it does need to be stabilized correctly when installed.

• Laura Lindquist
    8 years ago

Thank you! Is there an online sheet or do you recommend just calling blanco?

• PRO
    8 years ago

They have a spec sheet and most of their information on their website you can also call Blanco directly.