Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vajnazs

Attic parent bedroom

vajnazs
10 years ago
Hi! We are buying a new house and we will use an attic room as an adult bedroom. I'm open for any kind of ideas (colours, wallpapers, furnitures etc.) because we have never established a room under the roof...
More disadvantages: we have two slanted walls and their horisontal wall is very low (80cm)

As an attachment you can see the sizes

Thanks!!!!!! :-)

Comments (14)

• vajnazs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    The sizes are 'meters'
  • vajnazs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I have just some bad photos and the room is not empty but I upload them... We also need place for wardrobe, I thought it would be good next to the door with going under the wall. Kind of a slanted closet.
    I know it is not big but my previous bedroom was smaller. :-DDDD

The mattress of the bed will be 160x200 cm.

I have no ideas about lightning, yet. What we need in the room is a bed, wardrobe for daily clothes, other chests and an armchair. We will use the room just for sleeping and loving. :-D
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    10 years ago
    Although not the best configuration, but to have 'proper' headroom the bed would need to be placed on the wall to the right. You can have a bit of separation with a bedside table.
    vajnazs thanked Dytecture
  • vajnazs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Some more photos - furnitured by the previous owner. :-D
  • vajnazs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Dytecture: I agree with you about the place of the bed. If we can place a wardrobe on the wall next to the door we can 'save' a full wall to decorate and give ambiance for the place.
  • Lori B
    10 years ago
    Is that the Radiator under the window?. At least your ceilings aren't really sloped. The ones in my son's room are lower even though the wall height starts at about 1 meter or 1.20. I think you have 2 Options with layout. You could either put in a smaller wardrobe on the wall with the slant next to the door and then put the bed at the opposite end of the room under the window. It would leave you with 1.15m on either side of the bed. It would Keep your room the most open, but does't allow for a chair unless you put it near the Radiator.

The other possibility is to put a larger wardrobe the length of the Long wall and put the bed next to the window with the Radiator leaving one side of the bed a bit harder to Access, but if you pulled the bed towards the door leaving you 1.5m from the slanted wall, it should be alright. That would give you another 1.6m on the other side and you could potentially put a Piece of art on the wall next to the door and a chair under it. If you do this way, the width of the room is 3.9m. The bed would take up 2m and a Long wardrobe would take up about .6m leaving you with just over a meter for Walking and moving. If you added sliding doors on the wardrobe, it would increase the depth of the wardrobe, but make Access easier.
    vajnazs thanked Lori B
  • vajnazs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    The 80 cm is right. We measured it, In Hungary (Europe) it is a normal size.
  • vajnazs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Lori B: you first idea would be great but If I put the bed on that side what you've said the 'inner' person won't have enough vertical place to go to bed - he/she has to bend down... If I imagine the situation well...
  • vajnazs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Sliding doors sound good for wardrobe... :-)
  • Lori B
    10 years ago
    I just measured the wall height in my son's room. His ceiling starts at 1.05, but the slope of the ceiling is much lower than yours. I also measured out 1.5m from the wall and stood there. I had no Problem and I am 1.72m. I think you would duck only because you sensed the wall there. I think our old Apartment had a lower wall like yours and we put our bed about 1.6 from the wall where the slope was. For me, it was plenty of space. It will be difficult for you to configure it until you are in it, just in case. For us, we had to measure and re-measure because we have a water bed and there is no moving that sucker. I also measured the low spot in our bedroom. It is 80 cm high and I think the angle of the ceiling is closer to yours, but it doesn't go the lenght of the wall. I haven't hit my head once and my bed is only 1.07 from the wall. I am attaching a couple of photos for you to see what I mean. 1 is our room and the other is my son's. You can see that my son's ceiling is lower on the slant than yours.
    vajnazs thanked Lori B
  • vajnazs
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Very useful, Lori B, thanks for the photos! I will measure your ideas maybe it works...
    I've seen your profile - beautiful family, congrat! :-)
  • vajnazs
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Dear All, let see the final result of refurnishing and redesigning of the mentioned attic room. :-)
  • Lori B
    9 years ago
    Wow! It Looks great. You did a nice Job. I love the custom storage.