Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gd7daws

Terrified of Color - New flooring

gd7daws
10 years ago
After 20 years of the same thing, we have changed the flooring and painted with a color other than “builder white”. But now I’m lost on what to do with our living room and family room. Part 1 is the living room. The sofa and love seat are salvage furniture and need to go – so any suggestions regarding furniture would be appreciated. There are silhouettes in the windows with what is left of the existing curtains (top swags have been removed). I would appreciate suggestions for curtains as well. I think an area rug in the seating area would be nice (or under the piano) but the floor is pretty busy so I’m having problems visualizing.
The short wall by the piano and the one leading into the dining room have a faux texture finish and are more tan during the day and greener in the evening (everything, including the floor turns greener in the eve). The rest of the walls are Kelly More Greystone at 75%, with KM Swiss Coffee for trim. I’ve posted photos of the current flooring and paint, along with a few photos prior to change. So appreciate the time that you Houzzer’s spend with challenged folks like me.