Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanajo55

Susan Rivera
12 years ago
Can this process be done to an existing wall mirror? I have large mirror already on the wall.
Eclectic Dining Room · More Info

Comments (6)

• bepsf
    12 years ago
    No - Foxing is done to the back of the mirror.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    12 years ago
    If you're looking for an interesting texture on plain glass, consider consulting a company that has various overlays. A company like SGO (www.sgodesignerglass.com world-wide with many franchises) would be able to give you more specific advice. You also might consider applying a very large interesting frame to your existing wall mirror. That might be all you need to give you a new look.
  • Susan Rivera
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Bepsf - thanks got it. Thought so. And Thanks Cynthia for the link and alternative idea.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Oh my gosh, Elizabeth, what a fantastic idea. And if the current glass is covering the whole wall, a beautiful framed antique mirror could be suspended in front of it! I love the look of a framed mirror over a mirrored wall. It's fantastic in a powder room--double the glitter!

Susan you are certainly stimulating some creativity here! It's a good lesson--we can be inspired by a picture even though it's not possible to copy it exactly. We can tailor a new design with a similar mood.

By the way, if you do end up sticking some antique mirror over the existing mirror, be sure to get the right adhesive. Some will eat through the mirror backing and be visible on top.
  • Susan Rivera
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Hello Cynthia and Elisabeth- thank you both for the wonderful ideas. I will see what I can do with the frame idea. I think that it may be the simplest.