Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ebullient12

Curtain & Rug help for baby girl room

ebullient12
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
I have a 16 month old and have been trying to decorate her room. I am kinda stuck on picking the right curtain and rug for her room.
It is not a big room and I have doubts on the present rug. Pink in the rug pretty much overshadows everything in the room.
I'd love to somewhat have a contemporary look and also add more colors to the room as she loves colors and animals. Not sure how to pop more colors and at the same time strike a balance between different colors in a small room- Should I decide on neutral rug and curtain and bring color through wall paintings, ceiling lamp, etc OR bring in colors through curtain and rug?

Comments (7)

• ebullient12
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks Lucidos! I was looking for a big rug(5x7") as she plays/reads on the rug. Also something I can take to next level once she outgrows this phase.

I like this below link but not sure if it would make the room look very green.
    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Filament-Green-Floral-Wool-Rug-5-x-76/7480229/product.html

Also could you send the curtain link again. Above both links are the same.
    I liked the two below pics and would like to explore options there.
  • Katherine Papiccio
    10 years ago
    Perhaps a soft white rug with matching floor length curtains. White is pure and symbolises innocence and is also neutral so will allow you to be creative with colour in accessories such as bold curtain tie-backs, art work, light pendant and cushions. I would also suggest finding a comfy 'bedroom' chair to replace the clerical office chair in the corner, slide the rug underneath the cot and new chair so that you have created an area for you and baby only with the rest of the room zoned for toys, clothes etc. Or perhaps a shaggy white round rug for the centre of the room as a play space when baby gets older?
  • lucidos
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    opps http://www.amazon.com/Crushed-Voile-Sheer-Grommet-Curtain/dp/B003EN3RMI

The holdbacks are from Etsy.com and the stuffed toys can be any. I would not do puddle curtains for a little ones room.

As far as the rug you listed that green may be yet again to hard.

When my little guy was smaller I used 2 washables like the ones above and duct taped them together. I know it sounds awful. But it worked great when I had to pull them apart and toss them in the wash. Those rugs are amazing. You could even mix the colors. Shags look great but you can't play well on them.

I'm going to have to work on another baby room really soon. In the meantime, My little guy is now in his big boy bed and big boy room with his lego road rug.

Macys has this one on sale..My link may not work as I'm in Canada $299 for a 5x 8

Same one here http://www.buyarearugs.com/rugs-wp30-pin-430-xgx.html?fkjkck75794&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=shoppingdotcom
    ebullient12 thanked lucidos
  • Jetti Luckoski
    9 years ago
    Save your money and keep the rug! In another year or so the crib will go and you'll be looking for girly bedding again and you can go in many directions with this as an accent color. I'd add a hot pink mirror to the wall. (Anything you can find affordable can be made pink by spray painting) Since you are looking for curtains anyway use this color too. Accent colors should be used in at least 3 elements of the room in order for them to look 'on purpose'. I think the curtains attached would look great.
  • PRO
    Lorella Dia
    8 years ago

if you are looking for girls curtain holders that have a bit of glam...

• PRO
    Heritage Home Rugs
    8 years ago

Here are some suggestions:

Glam Kids Rugs · More Info

Glam Kids Rugs · More Info