Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
truuubluuu

Refrigerators: Opinions on finish,style,features!

truuubluuu
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
We are remodeling our kitchen (well, our entire house) and cabinets are due to arrive very soon. I am trying to choose appliances but have run into some issues.

We planned on a counter depth fridge due to distance between island and counters. It is just my husband and myself now and we have an upright freezer in the laundry room for additional freezer space if needed and the old fridge is going in the garage, so the counter depth will not be a problem at all.

We wanted this combo: White (white ice or something non-textured), counter depth, french door, ice and water in door. I have found this combo, however, it is super expensive for our, already way over, budget. So I have started looking at other options.

There are several combinations in our price range, but probably too many to list here. ie: Counter depth White Ice with ice/water in door but side by side not french door.

I have never had the french door style but I really love them. I was tired of stainless and love the look of the Whirlpool White Ice line as well as the white glass line at Ikea. (I think they are made by Whirlpool)

I love crushed ice but my husband could connect the old fridge ice/water line up in the garage if needed or I could use some kind of Ninja or something and crush my own ice I suppose....

I really think counter depth is very important in our layout but we do have 52 inches between the island and the counters where the fridge will go, so perhaps we could give up the counter depth fridge but I have never had an island in the kitchen before either so I don't know how critical that walk space is. Our island will have nothing on it btw. Sink, cook top, wall oven etc all in the L shaped perimeter layout.

My question to you would be :

Can you rank in order of importance (and maybe list a little blurb why) these features in a refrigerator in your new kitchen would matter to you or even if not for your specific kitchen, just in general you thoughts on these factors in choosing a fridge.

Color
French Door vs Side by Side
Ice and Water in Door
Water Only in Door
Water filtration
LED lighting vs Incandescent
Counter depth vs standard depth

It looks like I will either have to go with stainless and get all the features I want or make some concessions on features to get the white. I can't decide what matters more!

Thank you for any opinions and advice/suggestions!

Comments (3)