Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elandry

High traffic carpet? Inset carpet ideas?

elandry
10 years ago
We bought our house with an inset carpet in the family room. While I like the warmth it gives to the room since we have lots of kids, I do not like that the only way we can configure our living room makes for one high traffic area in and out. We know we need to replace the carpet but we recently acquired a dog, so we are waiting to replace the carpet when he's finished with potty training. But I want to be ready! I'm so anxious to get this dingy carpet out! I'm looking for high traffic, new ideas. Sisal? Carpet tiles? Any ideas are welcome. We have a frisée carpet now and I still like the rug (even though it doesn't follow all the decorating rules) because it adds some color to the room. That, too, will be cleaned. I'd also like ideas for the stairs, which are off the living room & will be replaced. They need to have carpet to drown out sound bc my DH sleeps durning the day. My decor is natural and soothing. I want a comfortable house that is kid friendly (besides my marble countertops that I'm willing to deal with!). Please and thank you!!

Comments (5)