Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmcguire2

Do you like the ivory drape? I only hung one side to get an idea? An

DMarie
10 years ago
Looking for ideas for patterned or solid drapes. The height has to be 96". Thank you!

Comments (24)

• decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    I'd go with linen in the tone from the sofa or chairs. Country Curtains has some interesting curtains in longer lengths, including this sheer linen on grommet top.
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    I kind of like the ivory.
  • PRO
    Drapery Connection
    10 years ago
    I like the ivory color. One idea would be to tie back the panel with a sleek, modern tieback, like this one from Brimar:
  • decoenthusiaste
    10 years ago
    The same linen curtains come in two other shades - one darker and one lighter that the color I posted.
  • DMarie
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I like the color and looks like the ones below, which is harder to tell by photo, but close in color in person. Is the pattern too busy for the room?
  • PRO
    Specialty Doors
    10 years ago
    it looks great!
  • User
    10 years ago
    I like the ivory drape that you have hung. Picks up the color in the rug and art.
  • DMarie
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    You can't see in the original photo but I have two white chairs on the side of the room.....
  • lovliny
    10 years ago
    Like the ivory drape. It's soft and appealing.
  • PRO
    Warner Decor
    10 years ago
    I think I might like a linen better. Here is a choice you may like:

http://deciture.com/shop/decor/world-market/natural-linen-grommet-top-curtain-54inx96in/ (and its 96 in!)
  • mbpiche
    10 years ago
    I think I have a very beautiful room. Love the corner lamp!
  • hasinajiwani
    10 years ago
    Beautiful room, the draperies looks nice but I think it would look twice as nice if there was another panel on the right side. I like decoenthusiaste's idea about the linen but again 2 panels for balance and presence.
  • PRO
    Kim Harvey Design, LLC
    10 years ago
    You have done a great job in this room!
    I would however amp up the window a bit…reason to follow.
    First, I would recommend a longer rod (it looks like you have enough room for an extra 12" on either side) mounted in the top 1/3 of the wall space above the window, then use a PAIR of panels rather than only one (minimum 2 times fullness…& love the sheer).
    This will provide an ideal "frame" for your window (remove the mirror & wall plaque…they're too small for those spots), by drawing your eye upward & outward.
    Your room will feel loftier & larger…you'll be quite pleasantly surprised with the outcome!
  • PRO
    Blue Ocean Studio
    10 years ago
    Beautiful room and very serene. Pale neutrals, tone on tone with little contrast = serenity. Your draperies will be lovely in white, or off white, or flax linen. I agree with the other person who suggested that you take advantage of your rods as a design element and make them farther outside of the window frame. You could use a wood rod which would pick up the floor texture. Or metal is nice, too, but I'd make them wider and a bit more of an embellishment for the drapery. I would also lift them up about 4 inches from the top of the window if possible. If you're going for ready-made panels, then you can only choose between 84 and 96". I always like my drapery at 88" in a room with 8 or 9 foot ceilings, but that's a custom size and not always affordable. I'd also remove the small decorative pieces on either side of the window. I'd just leave more drapery covering those wall spaces.
  • fos5
    10 years ago
    Like what you have but think the rod should be raised up, can't tell how high don't know your ceiling height? Also expand your rod wider than the window to expand that wall visually and make sure the drapes go to the floor. Like all the neutral and white colors you have used to balance the chevron print rug. You have a couple little pictures or something hanging on the wall on either side of the window, I would remove them and lower the verticle painting . Pretty room
  • judity
    10 years ago
    I like Kim Harvey's idea of extending the visual width of the window with drapes hanging from an extended rod of 12" or so on each side. Another idea to visually extend the size of the window might be to put a 6 or 8" valence in a neutral color above it (depending on ceiling height-- I couldn't tell that from the picture). Great room and isn't it fun to mull over ideas as you decorate your home!
  • fos5
    10 years ago
    Sorry enfys disagree with height of verticla painting. It is a sitting down room, and sitting next to it on the sectional will pull your eye up to an un-natural and uncomfortable viewing range. Sheers hung with the proper fullness will be perfect and expand your window unless there is some architectual reason.
  • User
    10 years ago
    I like it;)
  • PRO
    Lori Dennis, Inc.
    10 years ago
    needs some color!
  • enfys
    10 years ago
    Fos5, most living rooms are sitting down rooms. Things are not hung so they're viewable from a sitting point; they're hung at eye level (approximately) while standing. The painting is decoration, not a focal point that will be stared at for any length of time.
  • DMarie
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I am going to try the sheers and let everyone comment once they're hung. I agree that the rod could be higher but I then run into the 96" versus the 108" ready made length. The ivory silk posted are 96". The ceilings are high, but I don't think the 108" will work unless I hem them which is much cheaper than custom, so probably preferable to stick to 96" or 108". Thanks for all the nice comments. Oh, if I went non sheer, the extend beyond window concept would work. Hmmm... Well, the small picture and small art can go somewhere else.
  • enfys
    10 years ago
    I can't wait to see the "finished" product, DMarie... still, I really like those patterned ones you posted a pic of, too... whatever you choose will look smashing though.
  • PRO
    Kim Harvey Design, LLC
    10 years ago
    DMarie, I wouldn't even worry about the 108" being too long…curtains, especially in a low-traffic spot, look great with a little break or puddle.