smgeiger

Single bowl or double bowl kitchen sink

Sue G
March 12, 2014
We are remodeling our kitchen -- keeping the same footprint, painting the boxes and getting new doors, and changing out 3 cabinets for new ones. We are also getting new countertops and sink and I'm very tempted to go with a single bowl. Up to now we've used one bowl for draining hand washed dishes. We wash and let them drip dry but because it is mostly below countertop level it doesn't look too messy. Our kitchen is not huge my any means (8x9 ft counter length in an L shape with island and small counter between fridge and wall oven opposite 1 leg of L counter. My taste is moving from traditional to transitional/modern with shaker cabinets and contemporary handles. We will have granite tops with STainless sinks. If I go with a single bowl i will not be able to let my dishes drip dry without having "clutter" on the counters. What are designers / homeowners seeing as far as sinks? Are single more popular than double? With my db bowl many times I don't have room for rinsing cookie sheets, large platters, and pots so the single bowl would help. Your advice means a lot to me, I love this site and have houzz envy just about every times visit. Thanks so much

Comments (4)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268