Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gmestre19

gmestre19
12 years ago
I'm trying to choose a color to re=paint the bedroom. I want to do an off-white/beige but the furniture we have is light wood/barley type color. Is that too close to color of the furniture? Will it be too bland?

Comments (10)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    12 years ago
    Hi Gmestre19, white and beige would definitely work with your furniture, you might want to try a rich gray color on the wall to give some drama.
  • Anna DiBalsamo
    12 years ago
    Hello,
    I would have to agree with your initial concerns that off-white and beige might blend with your furniture. If you do choose that route, however, just make sure the paint color is a deeper version of the furniture, for contrast. You could also do the walls that have the bed and dresser in an accent color, ( blues are gorgeous with maple furniture) or even wallpaper, and then the walls without the furniture in the neutral beige/ off white.
    Good luck!
  • bepsf
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Yes, white/beige will be too bland.

I like the idea of the dark brown, but there are other colors out there too.
    What colors are in your draperies and rugs? What artwork are you placing in the space? Draw some color inspirtation from the things you own and choose a paint color based on that...
    ..and use the color on all 4 walls.
  • TanCalGal
    12 years ago
    Do I see silver knobs on the bureau? Well, even if I don't: I'd do the bedroom like this with very very light gray walls. I love everything about this entire bedroom! Note the curtain rods are white, so the gray is very light off white toward the gray.
    Modern Bedroom · More Info
  • PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    12 years ago
    I think a warm gray would be nice if you want more of a neutral look. Also, try Cabernet 2116-30, a warm eggplant color or Heather Gray 2139-40, a sage-toned gray. These colors are both by Benjamin Moore and would look great with the color of your dresser with it's silver hardware. If you decide you like a more neutral wall, anything can be brightened up with colorful art and accessories. Hope this helps and good luck with your project. Charmean Neithart
  • PRO
    Lynne Barton Bier - Home on the Range Interiors
    12 years ago
    I love the maple with the warmer brown of the wood floor and would play off of those colors. I would stay away from the bluer grays but a sage toned gray could be beautiful as could the eggplant. I agree with bepsf that it is important to work with the other components you have in the room or nearby when selecting the final color.
  • PRO
    COConsultants
    12 years ago
    Behind the bed I would do chocolate brown almost like a suede finish, I would highly polish the floor and try to get it as light as possible. The other three walls I would use honey beige from Sherwin Williams and use the same for the ceiling cut 1/4 with white. Meaning they will lighten the ceiling, but it will not be white.
    Any doors would be the same as the wall I did not see trim which is great because the dark to light will make the walls look taller.

I would get rid of the white standing lamp and buy an old chandelier and paint it either white depending on chandelier or if it has crystals white bri:ght lights
    All white linen and either side of bed whit shag long rugs 3 x 6so when you step out its comfy.
    hope you like
    maybe an all white wing chair in corner with ottoman and mahogany frame mirror I know the dresser is light wood, but the wall is chocolate and this one beige huge mirror from thrift store buy old painting, take painting out funk up mirror distresses and stain. or not
  • PRO
    COConsultants
    12 years ago
    I received your reply about color now? Is that correct. I like beige and white it is crisp and clean and I think the client should have what you like. I moved the bed because it looked perfect for the bed in the center of 5 windows. I like softness and added the white shag for fun against a deep chocolate brown paint only one wall.
    The reason I changed the mirror over the dresser was to bring the simple windows and room to a big framed mirror. If the mirror goes the length of the dressed it will look long and lean. I know you asked for just the windows, but you could build a canopy over the bed and put a fabric with Chocolates beige white either contemporary ir transitional, though I think simple contemporary might be fun. Chocolate Brown, Beige, Blue work well together and to see this go to www.maharaja.com click on library, click on upholstery find Dots a new one that is the name of the fabric, the color is known as the color way.
    Taking care of the windows will happen if you paint the room and do move the furniture than the options are endless for style and color. Design takes time, generally the first pick is the floor. Yours is existing or carpet and the reason is the colors are more limited than furniture or fabric or window treatments.
    The next pick is your style and paint, wall covering, window treatments linens etc.
    If you look at Bull St Auctions they are having an auction this weekend and have a white chair with ottoman. They sell around 250. The rest will come. I hope this has helped you.
  • PRO
    COConsultants
    12 years ago
    wrong e mail www.maharam.com.
  • PRO
    Terry Mulligan Gallery
    12 years ago
    If you're looking for more information, here's a great article … just Google ... Yahoo! The Color Perfect: Finding The Perfect Colors For Your Furniture, Flooring, Walls, And Accessories … It's an easy read with lots of tips you can use on the subject.