Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveskera

Practical?

loveskera
10 years ago
How do you turn the water on without getting all wet?
Small Space Bathroom · More Info

Comments (8)

• loveskera
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    It's just my water comes out pretty cold initially and takes a minute or so to warm up. I like to be able to reach in and turn the water on without getting wet/shocked by the cold water.
    It looks beautiful though.
  • Linda DeWolfe
    9 years ago
    This would be the most important question. Can the architect please answer how do you turn on the shower or bath water without getting inside the tub? Does the glass slide on a track at the ceiling?
  • Linda DeWolfe
    9 years ago
    Still no answers as to how you turn on the shower or bath without climbing into the tub... This looks good but it seems entirely unworkable!
  • PRO
    Toronto Interior Design Group
    9 years ago
    Hello - it's not too deep of a space and very easy to reach in with one arm to turn the water on.
  • Linda DeWolfe
    9 years ago
    I am a design professional and unless this picture is distorted, the width of the glass is not narrow enough for anyone who is not a giant to reach in and turn the water on without getting wet. I have personally experienced this dilemna myself on some of my own projects and had to find another solution.
  • Koba Skelton
    9 years ago
    that would be my dilemma also....what options would be available, or how wide should the glass wall be at its maximum width ?
  • loveskera
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    2 renovations ago I put in a tub with a double hinged shower screen (you can find it by googling exactly that) in my master. The look was similar (not as good) but water got past the end of the screen and onto the floor. In the subsequent reno I went with a free standing tub and traditional glass shower doors. Would like to find a great solution for tub/shower combinations for the other baths in the house.