Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edubya

Would you put a phone booth in your house?

Emily H
10 years ago
We've got phone booths in the Houzz office and love them. Would you ever put one in your home?

Tell us!

Leawood Lower Level · More Info

https://www.houzz.com/photos/2006-tour-of-remodeled-homes-traditional-home-theater-phvw-vp~632018

Comments (32)

• PRO
    Artworks
    10 years ago
    Put a bar in it :-)
    Emily H thanked Artworks
  • PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    10 years ago
    I have a perfect place for it :-)
    Emily H thanked GN Builders L.L.C
  • Susan Humphries Salop
    10 years ago
    I think a phone booth would make a great min-office or mini computer room
  • PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    10 years ago
    I once designed a summer home here in the United States for a family that lived in London. In the design process his office in the home kept getting moved around and got smaller and smaller and smaller and smaller, until we ended up putting a glass door divided into 24 lights on his office with and arched transom above with a crown etched in the transom glass. The door and trim was painted bright red. If I can find an image I will post it.
  • janeinfo
    10 years ago
    I had a friend in OK who built a massive home when her girls were entering their teenage years. She had two phone booths built in her upstairs hallways. They had glass doors so she could see the girls, but she didn't have to hear the constant chatter of teens! They looks really great!
  • Luke Buckle
    10 years ago
    Yes! Especially if it doubled as a tardis. This could be the next best thing..
    Police Box Door Decal by Walking Dead Promotions · More Info
  • dietrichman
    10 years ago
    i suppose if u are a dr who fan, then absolutely!!
  • User
    10 years ago
    I put is phone booth in a client's home...
  • PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    10 years ago
    I had another client that owned one, they weigh a ton (well, 1,653 pounds).
  • Jolene
    10 years ago
    Not in mine as I don't currently have room, but yes! So cool!
  • Bret Schwalb
    10 years ago
    You'd have to give me a pretty compelling reason to not put a classic phone booth in my home. I would convert it to a desk or pantry, though. It's the furniture designer in me.
  • Momof5x
    10 years ago
    No, I definitely wouldn't. haha.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Sure if you like antiques. Make for a good conversation piece. But does take up a lot of space.
  • PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    10 years ago
    "Conversation piece" . . . that's a good one.
  • littlemissk
    9 years ago
    Only if superman lived with me! ;)
  • Trice
    9 years ago
    Nope
  • Geneviève
    9 years ago
    A working phone a phone book and a seat
  • ambersarris
    9 years ago
    Definitely! I just have visions of Arthur and his phone booth fish tank :D
  • PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    9 years ago
    Absolutely! I'm in love with the British/Union Jack trend right now and I think that one of these would go great in our kids' game room/media room. Perfect for a client!
  • tradhome
    9 years ago
    Reminds of the movie, "The Happiest Millionaire" with Greer Garson. Their phone booth worked well because it shut out the family noise without having to go too far...I'd love to have one. Just yesterday my daughter had to repeat on the phone to me what she was saying so many times she grew impatient; because my 2 (older) sons and husband were having a lively conversation!
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    9 years ago
    Love the color and concept but would be more suitable for our offices. Its a lot of fun

J Design Group, Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida - Contemporary Miami Interior Designers http://www.JDesignGroup.com
  • toby1994
    9 years ago
    If your keeping the house then yes, I would make it into a shower. Perfect!
  • PRO
    Solar-screen-shades.com
    9 years ago
    To cool, i love it!
  • PRO
    Cal-Spec Inc.
    9 years ago
    How big is your house? If you have an area that you made into a little pub, bar or man cave, this would be perfect - especially if you got a great price, if not you can still sell phone booths online for big bucks!
  • PRO
    Bream Innovation Pty Ltd.
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Optional addition in home :)
  • PRO
    Stella Michael
    8 years ago

I always wanted a red phone booth in my garden ... and still might one day. I liked the idea of sitting out there having a relaxed conversation rain or shine ... and it would just be a fun thing to have (and I love red) ... although I would have a comfy seat added.

• PRO
    User
    8 years ago

I wouldn't - if you're going to take up that kind of space and be different - I would put a metal sculpture :) one of my contemporary metal sculptures. They don't rust/corrode and always remain a wow factor. In my opinion - it's the best thing you can do for your space that's visually appealing and long-lasting. I do custom colors and styles. Contact me for a free consultation.

• PRO
    Cal-Spec Inc.
    8 years ago

I think an old english booth is great in the right room, like a game room next to a home theater entrance, etc. but not without the right environment1

• Heather Hicks
    3 years ago

Can you tell me where I can get something like this I've been looking everywhere

• PRO
    Stella Michael
    3 years ago

Heather, where are you? Try this place ... https://www.x2connect.com/

• chloebud
    3 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but it reminded me of something I saw just a couple days ago. Though not a phone booth, these people added a little English pub to their home.

https://www.boredpanda.com/the-drunken-crab-garden-pub-octavia-chic/