Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lidiar

What are the Pro's and Con's of a Window Behind Stove Top?

lidiar
9 years ago
I LOVE the window behind the stove top and want to do the same thing in my kitchen. Everyone tells me I'm crazy. Any Pros and Cons to it ? Are you have trouble keeping it clean? Any advice would be appreciated. thanks
Contemporary Kitchen · More Info

Comments (4)

• User
    9 years ago
    Sure if you do a lot of cooking you'll have to clean the window more often....but would it be any different than cleaning a backsplash? Probably not other than what you'd use to clean it with. I say if you want that window, go for it and don't let your contractor talk you out of it :-) I don't cook a lot so for me I'd love it too. The naysayers probably are afraid of a little more cleaning ;-)
  • philadelphia1911
    9 years ago

I am going this route. One kitchen place even asked me to sign a release because this was against National Kitchen and Bath Association. I thought is was a joke!, but she was dead serious.

the window and the sink comes from back in the 50s when women washed dishes by hand. One important rule to follow is no window treatment.... but otherwise....i hope to see ur pics of ur new kitchen soon. I will share mine

• admiral3girls
    6 years ago

I want a window, too! Is there a special kind that can handle the heat from cooking?

• Shilpa Verma
    5 years ago

I am doing this and would appreciate advise on type of windows used. The manufacturer basically wont warantee anything used above the stove

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone