Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
franca_favrin

Art work for Diing room

FF
5 years ago

Am trying to choose art work for dining room. Not sure which combination works or if they don’t work at all. Another option is one large print But am having difficulty find one. The pics I have included are renderings. I would be using larger frames. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments (9)

• decoenthusiaste
    5 years ago

I'd prefer one single large piece that is original; take your time, find one you love. Try art galleries, craft fairs, university art departments, etc for the real deal.

• Boxerpal
    5 years ago

I like your artwork. It is very beautiful, did you create this? I like to cool tones and wonder if you might want to use something with a dash of that blue or cool color on the table. It looks like you have some blue in the hall or the room before. Very pretty! You are going to make a spectacular space. This is a beautiful start...

I myself am working on a similar problem. I need to upload to Houzz for help. But that is another time. Maybe you can help me later...

One thing that springs to my mind is that your paintings look a little bit wide. My eyes like to flow in a triangle pattern. Bigger items on the bottom, smaller items on the top. Building blocks from big to small triangle on top. When I look at your paintings my eyes don't have a place to flow. Let me explain with a picture...

Notice like a set of building blocks the bottom of the photo shows the large table and chairs. And the my eye flows to the buffet the sculptures and then painting. Up

Naples Pelican Bay Carlton Place Villa Remodel · More Info

I know designers (we learned this in school) say to never go with an even number but below are some examples of two items..

The idea of the eye flowing upwards or down in a triangle is what makes these rooms work. And this one does not have a buffet just a wall of space. You would need a large painting. The ceiling painted helps our eyes to flow up.

Tanglewood Residence · More Info

How can we do this with your room? Create that triangle feel. My instinct says take one painting out and only use two but that may be too narrow. Finding another piece of art might not do the trick. You said you could not find something that you like. You could use wider frames and only use two paintings or perhaps put all 3 closer together. Or use a buffet of sorts under them. Maybe a rug to ground the space that has a bit of blue in it. Maybe but them in a triangle pattern. The middle one slighting higher with intent thant he others...

This buffet is the same or slightly larger width than the paintings above and here this room only used two paintings. It looks pretty.

Beach House · More Info

This one below uses a giant painting and this does not have that visual triangle shape. The height of the ceilings and the light fixtures draw your eye upwards.

Contemporary Dining Room · More Info

This one below has nice thick frames.. Maybe you could find wider frames.

Contemporary Dining Room · More Info

There are some great ideas that will be coming in to help you. I look forward to seeing your beautiful room come together. And I hope I can get ideas for my space.

• PRO
    M&M Interiors
    5 years ago

Select the three that have some of the wall paint color in them- and yes to wider frames.

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    5 years ago

Maybe one of these original artworks would add some texture and contrast to your wall. Here are some ideas to ponder. Good luck and enjoy decor !

To check more unique collections please visit my shop -

http://www.pooviartgallery.com

Multi panal art · More Info

Multi panal art - triptych · More Info

Mixed media original art · More Info

Minimalist art on paper abstract artwork original art on paper signed · More Info

FF thanked Poovi Art
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 years ago

No matter what you choose make sure to hang a bit lower in the DR since they are viewed from a sitting position. I find one alrge piece easier to work with than trying to make 3 work I almost always find triptychs hotel like.

• FF
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you to all for all of your advice and

These pieces are from ”Minted”. They have a wonderful selection of fine art work. Initially it was my intention to use one large art work but has been difficulty to find and cost is also a factor. i absolutely love the the Templestine and actually tried to see if Incould purchase but was not successful. I would love one large piece with hues of blues.

• FF
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I found this on Pinterest but don’t know where it is From. Thoughts? (Minus the family) LOL

• jbtanyderi
    5 years ago
    The wall colour dulls the wood of the table. It also creates balance problems with the art. Pick three pieces of art that you really like, then paint the walls in a lighter (or much darker) version of one of the colours in the art.