Your shopping cart is empty.
chrisstack

At long last! Purchasing my living room. Decorators thoughts please

chrisstack
April 6, 2019
last modified: April 6, 2019

I live in a high rise and purchasing my furniture for my living room today, finally!!! ( I no longer have a den or guest room). I wanted my 80" 3 cushion sleeper sofa on high legs, but i had to settle on shorter legs maybe 2", the arms are a thin track) I picked out the most comfortable swivel chairs, but I did not notice you could see the mechanism, so I will have to change it to the same style with legs (too bad, so comfy), OR maybe the chair with the skirt if comfortable?? My question, from everything I read I should have a skirt on one piece ??? I am thinking since the legs on the sofa have lower legs will the look be alright? I am also going to have a modern wing-back leather chair in the corner of the room. The colors in the pictures are not at all the colors. The fabric I am using on the three pieces are more of a linen look (very very light taupe sort of, I put it against a white paper towel hope that helped). I am not thrilled about the fabric, would have preferred a more creamy white with texture, but have to move on. The rug may be a color on color, so I will add color with pillows, etc. What do you think of the wool rug

in the picture, a lot of color for me, not sure. I was going to purchase two sofas but I'm afraid it would look too tight? This room has as always been a struggle for me to decorate, it has been a long search for a small sleeper sofa, that supports my head (bad back). Any suggestions, and answers to my questions would be so appreciated. Thank you all!

Comments (75)

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).