Your shopping cart is empty.
webuser_8689743

Backsplash help

Kelly Cintron-Lepak
November 4, 2018

Please help me decide what to change the backsplash to. I don’t want anything too trendy . Countertops are an off white/ivory Corian

Comments (10)

• jbtanyderi
    Why do you need a backsplash?!?
  • stillpitpat

^I don't understand this question. Most of us have backsplashes in our kitchens.

• rantontoo

Do you have colors you like and types of tile like subway, glass, ceramic, mother of pearl, marble or shapes?

• jhmarie

With wood cabinets, a simple backsplash usually looks best.

This is my wood kitchens idea book. There are new and older, refreshed kitchens. Perhaps you will see something that inspires. You will notice most have some version of a cream subway tile:

https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/75202366/list/wood-kitchens

• PRO
    JAN MOYER

Is there a color anywhere else in you home, or an adjacent room? If you want "forever" to go with anything, a simple subway in a soft white as close in tone to your corian, in an updated size , or installed in a herringbone pattern would be quite nice.

• sprtphntc7a

look for kitchens similar to yours in color & style on houzz & pinterest and go from there.

bring samples home to see in your space.

• H202

Agree with Jan. You should be looking at ivory backsplashes that exactly match your counter. No colors or patterns, and let the wood shine. The shape you choose depends on how trendy you want to go. I'd look at some of the cool shapes from Fireclay. If not, i'd stick with simple subway. Matching grout.

• Suki Kabuki

I like your backsplash! Changing to subway tile will just make it look like everyone else's.

• Kelly Cintron-Lepak

Update: we went with a simple crackles glass white subway tile

• RedRyder
    Very nice! Good choice.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).