Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
java123

java123
12 years ago
Wondering if the stone is actual stone or a stone veneer. If so what company is it from and name of actual stone used? Also wondering what color of the metal roof is and what company it is from.
Stone Residence 1 · More Info

Comments (8)

• tully11
    12 years ago
    I love this house !! It would be my dream house. We are looking to build a house between 2500-3000 sq ft and I'd love it to look like this, but I'm wondering if the stone would cost too much. Do you know what the price differences would be for stone vs fiber cement siding? I'm trying to decide if I have to give up the dream or not :)
    Also do you know how much it cost for the front porch?
  • PRO
    Norris Architecture
    12 years ago
    Stone will cost between $12 and $20 per square foot of surface area. Siding is probably around $3-$5. So, yes stone is much more expensive. Porches are hard to price but figure on between $40 - $70 per square foot. We used ipe wood on the floor and a metal roof, so this porch was probably around $60 which means it probably added about $24,000. Sounds like a lot but as a room it is pretty cheap.
  • tully11
    12 years ago
    is that cost for the stone and siding including labor costs? are the labor costs about the same?
  • PRO
    Norris Architecture
    12 years ago
    Installed. But this can vary widely depending on labor costs in your part of the country. The stone cost can vary depending on the stone. The 16-20 is assuming a local stone quarried close to the project.
  • java123
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    That Ipe wood is very expensive. What would be a good alternative that would also withstand Wisconsin winters and create the same/similar look?
  • carsanstocks
    11 years ago
    Hi Norris Architecture,

Can i ask your opinion regarding my rotten window box posted here in discussion with the following link:
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/any-suggestions-for-rotted-window-box-dsvw-vd~118423

I did not know that stone veneer will fall off in time. I plan to live in my house til retirement (that's 15 yrs from now, hopefully).

I am now in huge dilemma on how to proceed with repair and augmentation of this rotten window box.

Thanks!
  • beckman390
    7 years ago
    Would you happen to know where in Tennessee the stone came from? This is my wife's dream home... and I would love to know who we can source the stone from.

Thanks!