Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gcasden

Hi. Can you tell me abut the gutters - brand, material etc? Thanks.

Greg Casden
6 years ago
Sumac Lane MidCentury Modern · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Custom Design/Build, Inc.
    6 years ago

Hi Greg, you bet! Cool looking right??? We had the pleasure of being able to specify several contemporary industrial, design details for this client...big fun!

So.... the gutters are a 6 inch, galvanized steel gutter with a half round profile--26 gauge, reverse, single bead. "Galvanized" means that zinc is applied over the steel as a hot-dipped coating and it provides a well protected, low maintenance product. Additionally, each joint is hand soldered (instead of caulked like aluminum gutters) which makes for an extremely strong joint. Since joints are where gutters typically fail this is a plus! I believe we used 20 ft.lengths to limit the number of seams and I think the manufacturer was Berger. Hangers are 6 inch, galvanized steel, circle half round hangers with spring clips and bolts. Galvanized steel is an excellent solution for Northern climates like ours, especially with our snow and
    ice conditions! It is still more reasonably priced than copper and it contracts about 50% less than aluminum putting less stress on the seams over the long haul. I hope that helps! Deb :)

Greg Casden thanked Custom Design/Build, Inc.
  • PRO
    Custom Design/Build, Inc.
    6 years ago

Here is close up:

• Greg Casden
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks for the detailed response, much appreciated. Sounds like a real nice product, will have to see if I can fit it into my budget!