Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
manvisudan

introduce color for this room

manvisudan
10 years ago
i have this another bedroom with one wall chocolate brown and other beige!!this room is a mess as its filled with gadgets and computer!!i cant get this computer out of my room so please tell me what can i do to make this room interesting with same furniture and same computer table and wall paints.i have this space near my computer corner which i use to keep my workbag.what can i do to this place and put sumthing here for the decor!this place has ac behind it so cant cover it as a whole.now to decorate this room what are the options!!!

Comments (24)

• manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    color combo
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    this space with ac behind..
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    plz suggest me in between red,orange,torquiose and green color
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Hi Manvisudan. I have a couple of questions. Is that used as a bedroom (your bedroom?) as well as a study/office? Is there anywhere else to put the TV, or must it stay there?

I believe I recognise those lovely curtains from your other room, and again they don't seem to blend with the walls too well but I don't want to suggest you take them away for a second time :). Anyway, you say the walls are beige, and on my screen they look rather pink, so I'm going to assume that I'm not getting the true colours here and see if we can't make them work.

As with your other dilemma, I think the first thing to do is create a calmer background for your colour accents, so I've drawn in one idea below, which is to paint the wood around the airconditioner in a grey taken from the curtains; it won't stand out so much that way. It looks as though it's painted in a gloss paint, so you'll have to sand that down a bit, use a good primer, and then paint in a semi-gloss paint. Get advice on that if you haven't done it before. I don't think you should paint it in the wall colour, it's too big for that and it'll just look as though you are pretending it's not there.

Below that, get a good-looking storage basket or box in a colour that either blends with the greys in the curtain (and the floor), or with the wood of the desk. Get one that is quite deep, to hide the bits and pieces. Use that to dump your bag, etc. I suggest getting one without a lid because if you're like me, you'll end up dumping stuff on top of the lid. Make it easy for yourself to keep that corner tidy.

I'll do more thinking but it may take a while because I'm late on a deadline. As usual.
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    i think colors in pics are not showing well may be some camera problem.its actually beige in color and even curtains are not grey,they are beige with different shades of brown in polka.so its a combination of beige and chocolate brown,actually its a room of gadget freak so he needs every gadget in his bedroom only.tv as well as computer as to stay here thats the biggest problem!!i just want to keep this room looking more like a bedroom with both tv and computer here only.i also wanna add sum colors,the coral color to othr room was fab india,i am already working on that.so please do something about this room too,,i was thinking about coral or celery or blue color for this room..the collage u made for another room was awesum..plz make sumthing like dat for this room too..it was very useful!!
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Georgette Westerman Interiors · More Info

c dis combo
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    ya i will do dat..but will torquiose look good with beige??i know torquiose will look good with chocolate brown but was confused with beige!!plz do sum collage work and also suggest what can i do with back of bed space??
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    i would prefer not to paint walls coz i just painted dese and found houzz website later...unlucky me
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Turqoise and beige = no problem. One just has to tie everything in. See ya later.
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Whew. So far so good. I'll say more about the bed itself below, but for bedlinen I'm suggesting a dark chocolate brown for sheets and blankets, and a turquoise throw. If it looks a bit too dark, beige pillows would be fine instead of brown. I like the techno look of these lamps from Target and the fact that they don't take much space, and I also think that if you have extra wall space somewhere the gadget freak might like an Escher print, which I'm posting separately. But for the main art, I'd like a big horizontal piece like this cityscape (in the hope that it will cover the plugs that I've just painted out). I think this one, together with the rug, are great for tying the colours together -- I even like the touch of black in the painting for tying in with the little chalk drawing (?) you have, which I think is charming. (I appreciate that the two plastic bottles are more or less the right colour : - } but I'd rather see something there like the cute turquoise feather.)
    manvisudan thanked Rina
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Oops, try again with the board.
    manvisudan thanked Rina
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    The bed. Apologies for the lines looking a bit wobbly. I think the bed needs a remake. Paint beige (get really good professional advice on this), and make the inset a darker shade of the chocolate on the wall, but not as dark as the blankets. It doesn't look as though you can paint the inset as it is, so you would probably have to have a suitable piece of board cut to exactly the shape, painted and glued in. It would be very important to have a perfect-looking fit, so if there's even a millimetre or two gap here and there you would need to fill that in (wood filler, perhaps?) and use a very fine brush to paint over the filling. The alternative would be to have the board cut smaller all round by a few millimetres, and have an identical shape cut out of thin, firm foam. Then you could stretch fabric over it (get a fabric with some 'give'), staple firmly to the back and slot in to that recess for a slightly upholstered look. I haven't though of a great way to make it stick; some form of sticky putty would probably do the job.

(He, he, all very well for me, I wouldn't be doing the work!)
    manvisudan thanked Rina
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    ya that sounds like a great idea!!its a polished wood so i will discuss with carpenter and see what can happen about it!!!the collage u made is awesum..i m also thinking of brickred color will also do great job!!!the rug is awesum!!thnx a lot!!!you been a great help dear!!!
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    Glad you like it -- yes, isn't it a great rug? I'm still trying to think of a way of handling the TV so that one can't see all those plugs and wires without buying expensive new furniture. If I do I'll pop up again.
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    ya i just put sum black tapes and put all wires together.it is looking better than before but not great
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    plz check dese
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    hows torquiose going with the room???
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    The turqoise is fine, but the orange, not so much. And the throw at the bottom of the bed (which looks gorgeous on its own) doesn't go with the checked spread. I suggested plain brown and plain turquoise for a reason -- your existing colours, including the wood, aren't easy to work with. You have to tread carefully.
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    On your paint problem I can't be much help. This usually happens because of damp -- please get a damp expert to make sure that there isn't any damp lurking in your walls. I had this once when I had pipes leaking inside the walls. I didn't know that. The other alternative is something like painting before the plaster is dry or some kind of chemical mismatch. I do know you will have to scrape all the mucky powdery stuff away and start again, at least on those areas. Don't try to seal and prime and repaint until you know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it.
  • Rina
    10 years ago
    I've put a comment on the other thread. With the turquoise-orange thing, I think you could make one or the other colour work in the room on the lines I suggested above, but not both!
  • manvisudan
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    thnx u so much dear...ya the orange is too bright..was just trying torquiose in room...i will repost again
Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations