Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aja_mazin

NEED HELP WITH CHOOSING NEW CHANDELIER

Aja Mazin
11 years ago
I just bought a chapel in Italy that I want to convert to a summer villa.

The chandelier does not fit my style.

I will have the ceiling painted in Benjamin Moore holy smoke.

Can anyone suggest something more contemporary.

Comments (224)

• Aja Mazin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Good one, feeny.
    ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • Aja Mazin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Karen Williams

Well thanks to you, look what the administrators of Houzz have made me do!
  • olldcan
    11 years ago
    OMG :) Aja, you have missed your calling
  • olldroo
    11 years ago
    CLASSIC!!!!!!! You have no idea how much I needed that laugh today!!!
  • trasgorshek
    11 years ago
    Too funny...
  • Aja Mazin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Feeny ~ 32 likes for 1 comment!

Whitewash the wood paneling!

Congratulations!!
    It must be a new record!!!!

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/wood-paneling-everywhere-dsvw-vd~294966
  • olldroo
    11 years ago
    I saw one once with 89 - can't remember what it was now.
  • Karen Williams
    11 years ago
    oldroo, the problem is not everyone is in on the joke or like me recently joined houzz
  • Belle La Vue
    11 years ago
    Karen, I think the joke is pretty evident if you read through the comments...and pretty funny. But on many of the other dilemmas you will see these same people offering up their time and great suggestions. It can all be enjoyed. Join the fun!
  • olldroo
    11 years ago
    Thanks Bonnie. Karen, just read through the comments and take them as they come. There is no hidden code or secret meanings.

Welcome to Houzz, I do hope you will come to enjoy this site as much as we do. Many friendships have been forged amongst people who would otherwise never have met and from all around the Globe too.

Try to see the funny side of it all, there are plenty of other serious discussions when people really need help.
  • Aja Mazin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Karen Williams,

For all of us:

♫♫ La Bamba ♫♫

In order to dance the Bamba
    In order to dance the Bamba

A little humor is needed
    A little humor for me and for you

I'll be for you, I'll be for you

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    If you're looking for decor inspiration, try this, but on black velvet:
    Elvis Presley by Micheal Gregory · More Info
  • Aja Mazin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    olldroo , olldbobbi, Bonnie, Feeny, and all of the Wonderful Houzzers

James Taylor & Carole King ~ You've Got a Friend

• Aja Mazin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    And Becky!!!!!
  • Karen Williams
    11 years ago
    ok girls I get it,I surrender, guess I need to lighten up, joined houzz to find inspiration for a huge job I got to get going and have been getting a tad touchy lately, guess all my planning is starting to get to me and frustration is setting in,
  • Karen Williams
    11 years ago
    ok girls I get it,I surrender, guess I need to lighten up, joined houzz to find inspiration for a huge job I got to get going and have been getting a tad touchy lately, guess all my planning is starting to get to me and frustration is setting in,
  • orangecamera
    11 years ago
    I don't know why all of you are having such trouble re-doing these iconic buildings. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut and do what you like!

Please see my inspiration and finished house pictures below.
  • Aja Mazin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    orangecamera,

DO YOU WANT TO SELL THAT HOUSE?
  • olldroo
    11 years ago
    Yeah, Karen, welcome to the Club. So why don't you start a design dilemma of your own and share your problems. Helping is what we do best.
  • orangecamera
    11 years ago
    ROFL Aja! Sorry, but I'm keeping the house. But if you like it, some of my neighbors have houses for sale. Seems there's a new trend to buy up our pretty little houses and replace them with hotels. I'm afraid that soon my neighborhood will look like this....
  • Karen Williams
    11 years ago
    oldroo if I knew how to I would, all I can say is that I live in a normal 3 bedroom house in south australia, not some big ol house that so many on here live. [wish I did tho] won't have a big budget and have to work with basically what I have. what I am doing is creating a walk in robe out of my spare room.
  • Aja Mazin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Karen Williams,

Check out this lovey master closet,

Master Closet Hers' · More Info

and discussion

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/need-ladies-input-on-closet-dsvw-vd~276786
  • olldroo
    11 years ago
    HAHAHAHA Aja, this poor girl is swamped enough as it is. I loved that closet - created out of a bit of left over space - yeah right!!!!!
  • orangecamera
    11 years ago
    Karen, don't despair. We don't all live in giant houses. Mine is smaller than yours :)
  • charleee
    11 years ago
    Love James Taylor! And with Art Garfunkel singing "Crying in the Rain". The best!!!

But sorry orangecamera, McMansions are out, 250 sq ft is in and all bathrooms will look like this. Imagine? Someday ranch houses like mine will be in again, I predict!
    Tiny Bath Remodel · More Info
  • orangecamera
    11 years ago
    olldbobbi, how did you find a picture of my bathroom on the internet? ;)
  • Belle La Vue
    11 years ago
    Aja, love the song it was a nice accompaniment as I read more funny comments this Sunday morning. Karen, don't be afraid to post a design dilemma beautiful spaces come in all sizes....
  • orangecamera
    11 years ago
    Karen, if you want to post your own dilemma, click on "Discussions" in the black menu bar at the top of the screen. There will be an area up at the top of that page to start your own thread. The threads that get the most /best suggestions have pictures attached. There's a button to attach images right there where you're starting your thread (or any time you comment on any thread). Just make sure your pictures are in jpg format.

I look forward to seeing what you post :)
  • Aja Mazin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    olldroo,

But Karen has a spare bedroom she wants to convert to a walk in robe .
  • Aja Mazin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
  • olldroo
    11 years ago
    I didn't ignore Karen, I went off this site to give her reassurance and tips before I realised she did post her problem. Unfortunately by then I just had to go to bed!!!

Orangecamera - Bobbi just can't get over that shower and toilet with the hand basin.
  • Curtis Christopherson
    11 years ago
    This chandelier is quite beautiful and contemporary - you might be able to get it made bigger for your space:)

http://designlightingca.xolights.com/Brand-elegant/electron/SKU-V758-9803d24c-ec?callingPage=CatalogBrowse&ut=W
  • annana
    11 years ago
    Is the picture you posted the ceiling you have in your newly-purchased chapel? My first impression of that ceiling is "WOW!!!" You want to paint over that beautiful ceiling with regular paint? I hope you can preserve or restore that stunning piece of artwork!
  • mveasey
    11 years ago
    Love it, very funny!
  • ruthmand
    11 years ago
    What annana, you don't think Holy Smoke Gray will update it? That's the hot color of today. Who cares about some old smudged up artwork, it is her house now and she should do it her way, right?
  • Aja Mazin
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    annana,

The French government agrees!
  • PRO
    My Pillow Fancy LLC
    11 years ago
    I suggest a beautiful murano glass chandelier with arms. Donghia shows a few. But, if you are in Italy you have the world at your fingertips! Go for something with color.
  • Susanna
    11 years ago
    LOL. I just discovered this. I wasn't on Houzz yet for this thread. Hilarious!!

Congratulations on your new baby, Aja. I'm sure the nursery is gorgeous.
  • PRO
    MyCraftWork, LLC
    11 years ago
    If you need something custom and out of the ordinary, you should check us out!
  • bumblebee728
    11 years ago
    Hilarious, boy did I enjoy that! Busted out laughing a few times, but esp. when 'orangecamera' posted the Monopoly house. Thanks all!
  • lessismoore
    11 years ago
    olldbobbi: "Someday ranch houses like mine will be in again, I predict! "
    You have predicted right - just spent several minutes reading articles on the new popularity of the "ranch" and one story living. Seems folks are not that into stairs. :-) and are downsizing/simplifying and ranches, under 2K s.f. totally fit the bill.
  • studio10001
    11 years ago
    To remodellers everywhere:word has it that Spofforth is available to rebrick your eyesores away!! (Many thanks for the thread...)
  • wendyleeb1000
    11 years ago
    This thread made my day!!
  • olldroo
    11 years ago
    Wendy, if you liked this then join the weekend party -

http://www.houzz.com/discussions/397582
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    11 years ago
    LOL Aja it took me a minute!
  • olldroo
    11 years ago
    She had us all at first Andrea. Surprised she missed the weekend party, not like her.
  • PRO
    Lavieestbelledesign
    11 years ago
    Just saw your nursery ideas! Congrats on the new addition and I love that crib! What an amazing idea my baby is already outgrowing hers.
  • Karen Williams
    11 years ago
    was it a boy or girl
  • PRO
    Lights of Venice
    8 years ago

Have you gotten your chandelier yet? if not, perhaps we can help, specially since all our chandeliers are made in Italy. you can visit us on line at; www.lightsofvenice.com

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm