Your shopping cart is empty.
aviolet6

Percea hypocyrtiflora

aviolet6
February 9, 2019

Anyone growing one of these successfully? I got one in the summer or fall but I haven’t had much success with it. Was hoping it would be similar in care to an Episcia but it seems much more difficult.

Comments (6)

• irina_co

It requires high humidity - so you need to grow it covered. Moist climate. LIght and fertilizer - the AV level. If it is a small plant - just put a plastic transparent cup on a top of the plant.

• irina_co

BTW - the soil shouldn't be overly soggy, just moist. It is the humidity of the air that makes the difference.

• aviolet6

Thank you! Yes, I discovered it needed to be covered fairly early on which was a bit of a disappointment but even so I feel like there’s another issue. Sometimes the leaves sort of dry up and other times they just kind of rot away. Recently I cut it back since I had had to remove some more leaves and now it is making stolons. I don’t know if those will grow better than the original plants or not. I also have a small one in the container by itself but it doesn’t grow. Do they need more or less light than African violets?

• irina_co

Probably the same amount of light. I think you got a very good clone.

aviolet6 thanked irina_co
  • irina_co

You can try to increase the humidity. I usually throuw a piece of a wet acriic mat on the bottom of the terrarium.

aviolet6 thanked irina_co

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).