Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debgluck

Would you suggest this wall color to use in a master bedroom on walls,

debgluck
8 years ago
I'm trying to create a soft, cohesive and cozy feel in a bedroom with low ceilings, many doors and angles. I thought by using one warm neutral tone throughout it would minimize all the lines. I'd appreciate your suggestion, thanks!!!
Debbie
Eclectic Style · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Ernesto Garcia Interior Design, LLC
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hi Debbie,

I would definitely suggest using this color in your bedroom. I have used it successfully in bedrooms myself.

Using a single color for walls and ceilings expands the spatial perception of a room. Painting walls, ceilings, doors, trim, built-ins and closet doors in the same color creates what I call: the "canvas" background effect. That way, your eyes will be drawn to furnishings and fabrics instead of the cutouts and openings in the space. Another quick trick is to keep the color contrast between walls and ceilings to a minimum; that will make people less aware of generally lower heights.

Best luck with your project!

Ernesto Garcia, ASID

Professional Member of the Arizona North Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers

• debgluck
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks so much for your detailed response. I'm considering the "canvas" effect for this project, however, I haven't determined the right white to pull it off. I wanted something warm that doesn't read yellow, yet has enough depth to feel like a color. Considering Benjamin Moore feather down for walls, doors and trim and Sherwin Williams creamy for the ceiling.

I greatly appreciate any feedback from a professional like yourself!

Thank you,

Debbie