Photo Flip: 72 Tubs That Elevate the Bathroom
Take a tour of boldly colored claw-foot bathtubs, calm-inducing Japanese soakers and custom tubs in every shape and size
Bryan Anthony August 23, 2018
Houzz Editorial Staff; writer, design enthusiast, reader, softball player.
A previous photo flip of bathtubs on Houzz featured rooms with incredible views. But since not all of us are lucky enough to have mountain vistas or sparkling oceans right outside our bathroom windows, this collection showcases 72 (still dreamy) tubs that elevate the interior of a bathroom. Whether chiseled out of stone, made from hammered copper or a vintage claw-foot painted purple, each of these dream tubs makes a statement of its own, no outside views necessary.
2. A concrete platform with smooth river stones in the middle makes an elegant perch for the wood soaking tub in this San Diego bathroom by KW Designs.
3. The dark blue exterior of this vintage cast iron tub is the perfect complement to the blue-and-white wallpaper in this London bathroom.
4. The team at Ohlde interior design crafted a wood bathtub surround and a dividing wall featuring a gas fireplace for this bathroom in Germany.
5. The design team at Cozy Interiors added a copper soaking tub and a hammered-bronze vessel sink to this rustic bathroom in Alaska.
7. At nearly 10 by 6 feet, this oversize shower in Charleston, South Carolina, provided plenty of room for the team at Spivey Architects to add a deep soaking tub.
9. Behind a set of sliding shoji screens, an elegant black soaking tub adds a dramatic touch to this bathroom in Sydney by D’Cruz Design Group.
10. The stunning translucent orange resin bathtub in this Austin, Texas, bathroom built by Audino Construction is a great choice for the whimsical space.
12. Gauzy curtains and an elegant chandelier above the freestanding tub make for a romantic bathroom in Melbourne, Australia, designed by Studiomint.
13. This deep soaking tub in a San Francisco bathroom was custom-fabricated by the team at Concreteworks.
15. The bathtub in this rustic British Columbia bathroom is a custom tub hand-carved out of a solid boulder.
16. The tub in this Montreal bathroom by A Collaborative Design Group is angled to allow a bather to lean back and enjoy the fire in the gas insert fireplace.
17. This grand master bathroom in Germany, by the design team at Aimo Plus, features a circular bathtub wrapped in wood that mimics the look of the circular vanity.
19. A curved, tiled wall in front of the walk-in shower provides the perfect niche for the round black tub in this sleek Canadian bathroom built by Hoxton Homes.
20. This sophisticated bathroom in Connecticut, by JBMP Architecture and Interior Design, features a polished chrome bathtub that pairs well with the polished chrome sconces that flank it.
21. This spa-like bathroom in Germany, designed by architect Jessica Borchardt of BAID, delights in minimalism. The serene tub is located underneath a backlit photograph of the Swiss Alps.
22. The pops of purple in this English bathroom, designed by the team at Ripples, include the small purple vase in the fireplace, the wall covered in purple glass tiles and the vivid purple claw-foot tub.
23. This Zen-like bathroom in Seattle features a dry sauna on one side, a walk-in shower on the other and a deep Winifred soaking tub from Signature Hardware in the middle.
24. The low-key black tub in this Nashville, Tennessee, bathroom designed by Natalie Hager hugs the shuttered windows, leaving plenty of floor space.
25. While soaking in the freestanding tub in this bathroom by Caisson Studios, one can look up at the Asian-inspired mural on the wall, composed of three waterproof panels.
26. The tub in this earth-toned Wyoming bathroom by EK Reedy Interiors features an infinity edge that allows it to be filled to the top, with any overflow staying within the tub and not ending up on the floor.
27. The team at Julie Williams Design added honed Crema Marfil stone to the floors, countertops and top of the tub surround in this elegant Sonoma, California, bathroom.
28. A platform of ebony-stained wood provides the perfect perch for the bathtub and stainless steel tub filler in this Denver bathroom.
30. The mirrored tub surround in this Santa Barbara, California, bathroom designed by Kathryne Designs demands immediate attention.
31. The tub in this New York bathroom by Vital Habitats has a burnished metal interior and an oxidized green exterior, which complement the jade towels and the metal finish on the fixtures.
32. The custom copper bathtub fits perfectly in the flagstone-covered alcove in this Denver bathroom.
33. The marble tiles in this English bathroom run up from the floor to create a surround for the tub and form a shelf on the back wall for bathing products.
34. The round ceiling soffit is the same size as the custom round bathtub below it in this luxurious Miami bathroom designed by Lotus Architecture.
35. The alcove wall in this Chicago bathroom by JAR Corp features a pattern made out of light gray tile that pairs well with the similarly hued claw-foot tub.
36. Mirror, mirror on the wall, this Montreal bathroom built by Lakeshore Construction is one of the prettiest of them all.
37. The angular design of this wooden bathtub is Japanese-inspired. The compact space, built by Rasmussen Construction, has been cleverly designed with river pebbles on the floor to hide a drainage system underneath.
38. The square shape of this tub is a great way to utilize one end of a narrow room. Note the clever inclusion of inset nooks to store toiletries so they are easy for a bather to reach. The space was built by DD Ford Construction.
39. Situated in front of large casement windows, the tub in this elegant Atlanta bathroom by J. Hirsch Interior Design allows one to take in views and a gallery wall of art.
40. A stained wood plank across the bathtub in this minimalist New York City bathroom by BuiltIn studio adds a warm, organic touch.
41. This luxurious St. Louis master bathroom, designed by Edwin Pepper Interiors, includes a shiny copper tub in front of two upholstered club chairs.
42. A stand-alone tub outfitted with brass fixtures rests on digitally printed tile in this Salt Lake City bathroom by Sita Montgomery Interiors. A lantern fixture overhead speaks to the modern yet rustic farmhouse feel.
43. This rustic Tennessee bathroom, designed by Samsel Architects, features a copper Japanese soaking tub that is filled from the ceiling. Frosted windows allow for plenty of light to come into the room while also maintaining privacy.
44. The blue-and-white striped rug and pale blue cast iron tub bring to life this otherwise all-white bathroom in New York City built by Creo Projects.
46. The patinated silver tub in this sophisticated Florida bathroom by Jeffrey Dungan Architects adds some subdued glam to the cream-toned space.
47. Even a small bathroom can have space for a tub. The way to use this Japanese-style tub is to sit with hot water up to your chin, rather than lying down as you would in a Western-style bath. The space was designed by Fraher Architects.
49. Set in front of a large window with verdant views, this beautiful stone tub looks like a piece of sculpture in a garden. The space, in a New York home, was designed by Jolie Korek & Co.
Kitchen Design 15 Smart Ideas From Beautifully Organized Pantries
See shelf, bin, drawer and lighting setups that can help keep your food items and supplies in good orderFull Story 79
Patios See How 3 Patios Ingeniously Mix Pavers and Pebbles
Designers show there is more than one way to execute this popular material pairingFull Story 18