Pro Corner: Best Practices for the Houzz Community
Professionals on Houzz are contributing to our community discussions, providing rich expertise. If you are looking to get started, we have created some basic best practices. Ready? Engage.
1. Create a rich professional profile with a full description, contact information and a profile photo. When Houzzers click on your profile, make sure they find all the pertinent information on your business, as a fully engaged part of the Houzz community.
2. Upload lots of large, high-quality imagesThe more the better! Provide thorough descriptions and make full use of keywords to describe your images and expose them to more Houzzers as they perform searches on the site. You can organise your images into ‘Projects’ to serve as your online portfolio on Houzz. TIP: These images are also available to be featured by the Houzz editorial team.
3. Be sure to answer any questions about your images promptlyHouzz users often ask questions directly about the spaces uploaded to the site, which will send a notification to you as to the image owner. Those discussions are visible with your image and also live in the Houzz discussions area to serve as a reference to all Houzzers.
4. Search for or filter discussions related to your area of expertise and jump in where you are able. TIP: When answering posts on other professionals’ photos, try to allow some time for others to answer questions on their own images first. If hours or days have gone by with no response, your help is absolutely appreciated by the community.
5. Follow Houzzers (both professionals and homeowners) who advocate for you or are otherwise relevant to your business. It is always a good idea to acknowledge your advocates in the discussions as well. A thank you to someone for spreading the word about your work is a nice token of appreciation.