Palo Alto, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of more than 40 million unique monthly users who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.3 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
Houzz is looking for a self-motivated infrastructure security engineer to join our entrepreneurial, world-class engineering team. As a large online community and eCommerce website, it is important that we continue to employ industry best practices in security design throughout our platform. As a security engineer, you will have the opportunity to take part in all aspects of security for a rapidly growing company.
What You'll Do
- Proactively identify and fix security vulnerabilities in the platform and network through audits and penetration testing
- Responsible for security initiatives in the infrastructure group
- Design and build new features that make users and data more secure
- Automate security policy analysis and error detection
- Automate spam detection and blocking of malicious activities
- Establish and lead a security response team in case of crisis
- Engage with the security community and employ industry best practices and learnings into our platform
- Perform tasks that are often unstructured and addressing issues that may not be well defined or requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Consult with engineering teams on developing practical solutions to mitigate risk
At a Minimum, We'd Like You to Have
- Strong foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, authentication, and communication protocols
- Understanding of web application architecture
- Experience with implementing and scaling host based and network based firewall and intrusion detection systems, and continuously monitor for suspicious activity
- Knowledge of system and network security protocols
- Strong scripting and/or programming skills in languages such as Python, Ruby, or Shell
- Experience with automating and securing cloud environments such as AWS
Ideally, You'll Also Have
- Deep knowledge about security protocols such as IPSEC, VPN, TLS, etc.
- Past contributions to the security community
- Willingness to learn new technologies and take initiative
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.3 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
-Flexible paid time off
-Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
-Maternity/paternity leave program
-Employee assistance program
-401k retirement savings plan
-Flexible spending accounts
-Healthy at Houzz program
-Catered meals, fully stocked kitchens and much more!
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.