Palo Alto, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40M unique monthly users who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next project, connect with over 2.1M home design professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
Houzz is looking for a multi-disciplinary Product Designer to join our close-knit design team. We iterate fast, design with data, and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and wants to have an immediate impact on a great product.
What You'll Do
- Design scalable concepts -- We design for many platforms and types of content. We need someone who can see individual projects and assets as moving pieces in a big picture
- Show attention to detail on all levels -- Design doesn’t begin or end in Sketch. We are constantly brainstorming new ideas while optimizing our current designs
- Stay on brand -- until you can’t -- We know how to work within a design system while recognizing opportunities to draw outside the lines and improve our design language
- Be a team player -- We don’t design in a bubble and everyone has a voice in our projects. In order to produce the best possible experience for our users all of our teams work together and provide feedback to each other
At a Minimum, We'd Like You to Have
- Extensive experience designing consumer-facing products -- your portfolio is filled with product designs that show how you solved specific problems to meet user needs
- A solid understanding of design process with multifunctional teams
- Excellent communication skills -- demonstrated ability to craft a narrative for your designs and advocate for them when necessary
- Being able to give and receive feedback is a must
- Self-motivation -- you’ve led design projects from beginning to end
- Passionate about proposing and executing initiatives outside of your core function
- Design experience -- demonstrated use of user-centered design principles
- An understanding of trends in product design, including interaction patterns for web and mobile.
- Proven user advocate who cares deeply about the overall experience
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.1 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
-Flexible paid time off
-Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
-Employee assistance program
-401k retirement savings plan
-Maternity/paternity leave program
-Flexible spending accounts
-Healthy at Houzz program
-Catered meals, fully stocked kitchens and much more!
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity employer.