Palo Alto, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
Our design team is looking for a Head of Design & Research who can help us champion design within our company. We’re looking for a strong leader who can collaborate with our founders and cross-functional leads. This leader will oversee a team of 30+ members at our headquarters in Palo Alto and our Tel Aviv office. Our team members include managers, designers, and researchers across brand, marketing, product and user research.
Our #1 priority for our return to work plan is to ensure the health and safety of our Houzzers. Due to worsening cases specifically in the areas and the cities in which we operate, all of our U.S. offices are planned to remain closed through the end of 2020. It is our plan to return to our in-office model once a safe return is feasible. This is NOT a permanent remote/at home position.
What You’ll Do
- Leading design within the company through collaboration with cross-functional leaders and developing Houzz’s design culture.
- Helping to develop and guide strategy and vision for Houzz’s brand, marketing, product design, and user research.
- Being proactive around organizational headcount needs, helping to hire the best talent, and providing mentorship for other design leaders.
- Being a key influencer within the company through effective communication, the ability to inspire, and build consensus.
- Oversee the design process across multiple disciplines, increasing awareness of each team’s projects, streamlining communication, and ensuring that all teams are set up for success while maintaining a high bar for design.
- Guide strategy and roadmap of research to identify and answer the most critical questions about our users in partnership with other cross-functional company leadership.
- Provide direction and vision for evolving the role of user research in product design and development; identify opportunities to increase efficiency and impact.
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- 10+ years of experience leading design within an organization; 7+ years in management
- A proven track record in building a great team, providing vision, taking on organizational challenges, and shipping great experiences
- Experience developing and driving long-term vision and strategy across product design, brand, and marketing/advertising campaigns.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while chasing ambitious goals
- Experience integrating user research and design using both qualitative and quantitative data
- Working and streamlining the design process with remote teams
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental, vision and pet insurance
- Employee assistance program
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Maternity/paternity leave program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy at Houzz program
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.