Palo Alto, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of more than 40 million unique monthly users who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.3 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
We are looking for an Engineering Lead to inspire and guide a close-knit, multidisciplinary 3D development team which includes: computer graphics research, 3D content production pipeline, technical art, and full stack development across both web and mobile platforms. You are fluent in the full development process - from research to strategy to implementation - and seasoned at leading teams through it. Get ready to hit the ground running, providing a split of leadership and hands-on coding, as we build a vision of home together.
What You'll Do
- Manage the day-to-day software development process including requirement capture, design, development, testing, review, and documentation
- Design and review code, troubleshoot and mentor team members on technical matters in order to keep up with our high technological standards
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering timely solutions
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies
- Guide the discussions and technical decisions towards the best possible solutions
- Work with the Director and VP to define the long-term technology strategy and roadmap for 3D and Visual Technologies
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience leading engineering teams
- Experience with 3D content production pipelines and asset farms
- Experience with real-time 3D graphics engines and associated data formats
- Strong understanding of computer graphics, computer vision, and image processing techniques, as well as staying current on research in these fields
- Strong understanding of modern web application development, SaaS models, and data infrastructure architecture
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.3 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
-Flexible paid time off
-Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
-Maternity/paternity leave program
-Employee assistance program
-401k retirement savings plan
-Flexible spending accounts
-Healthy at Houzz program
-Catered meals, fully stocked kitchens and much more!
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.