Palo Alto, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About the Role
As a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will work on all parts of our web application, its libraries, widgets and custom features. You will work across the entire web stack, developing with MySQL, Lucene/Solr, Redis, PHP, and Node.js
Our #1 priority for our return to work plan is to ensure the health and safety of our Houzzers. Due to worsening cases specifically in the areas and the cities in which we operate, all of our U.S. offices are planned to remain closed through the end of 2020. It is our plan to return to our in-office model once a safe return is feasible. This is NOT a permanent remote/at home position.
What You’ll Do
- Take high level ideas and transforming them into live products, used by millions of homeowners and professionals from around the world
- Design and build features for all parts of our web application, its libraries, widgets and custom features
- Work cross-functionally across engineering, product, and design teams
- Adhere to high-quality delivery principles while delivering solutions on time
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- Independence, self-direction and experience owning complete products and features
- Proficiency in web stack programming, from schema design to building user-facing interfaces
- An ability to work on fast paced, data-driven projects
- A desire to build an engaging consumer experience
- A B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
Ideally, You'll Also Have
- Experience developing consumer facing features for millions of consumers
- Familiarity with Node.js and PHP development
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases and Lucene/Solr a plus
- 6+ years experience
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
• Competitive salary
• Flexible paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
• Maternity/paternity leave program
• Employee assistance program
• 401k retirement savings plan
• Flexible spending accounts
• Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.