Irvine, CA, US
Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About The Role
Our Sales Representatives partner with industry professionals to help grow their businesses through local advertising and software solutions on Houzz.com
. Do you thrive in a fast-paced and competitive, yet team-oriented environment? Do you love turning feedback into progress and continually being challenged? If the answer is yes, then Houzz might just be your next home.
Our #1 priority for our return to work plan is to ensure the health and safety of our Houzzers. Due to worsening cases specifically in the areas and the cities in which we operate, all of our U.S. offices are planned to remain closed through the end of 2020. It is our plan to return to our in-office model once a safe return is feasible. This is NOT a permanent remote/at home position.
What You’ll Do
- Prospect new business partners (we provide leads!) across the U.S. and Canada through high volume outbound calls
- Assess business needs of small to medium sized businesses
- Consult with professionals on how to effectively market their business on Houzz.com
- Management of the full sales cycle, from securing new business partnerships to facilitating a smooth onboarding process for the professional
- Meet and exceed monthly sales expectations
- Day & Overnight travel as needed (less than 5%)
- Ad Hoc responsibilities as required
At a Minimum, We’d Like You To Have…
- At least 1 to 4 years of inside sales experience (prospecting)
- Outbound cold-calling experience
- Focus on selling intangibles is preferred (i.e. advertising, financial services, business services..)
Ideally, You’ll Also Have…
- Tech-savviness - able to cogently conduct presentations virtually using assorted platforms and troubleshoot when complications arise
- Tenacity to exceed monthly sales objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team oriented mindset
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation is a combination of base salary and commission
- Excellent benefits package (Start day 1)
- Full training & development
- Career growth & opportunity
- Casual & fun work environment
- Healthy work/life balance
- Contests & incentives
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on the more than 40 million homeowners who use our platform every month and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who are active on the site. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth $1.2 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.