Designer's Touch: 10 Amazing Master Closets
Let these exquisitely organized, expertly crafted master closets inspire you to enhance your own closet or dressing area
Shane Inman June 11, 2012
Houzz contributor and president and senior principal interior designer of The Inman Company. Under Shane's leadership, The Inman Company is committed to raising the standard of business to incorporate the highest-quality customer service with unwavering excellence in design.
Houzz contributor and president and senior principal interior designer of The Inman... More
For most people, an amazing closet seems like nothing more than a fantasy. But it doesn't have to be that way. These professional tips can take you one step closer to a dream master closet. Add convenience and value and extend the life of your wardrobe with a beautiful and well-organized master closet.
1. Hot off the press. Install a pull-down ironing board in your master closet and you will never want to leave. This is a space-saving and time-saving trick that you will love.
2. Mirror mirror. No master closet would be complete without a built-in floor-to-ceiling mirror.
3. A vanity affair. Getting dressed and applying makeup all in the same room is a luxury. Add a beautiful freestanding or built-in vanity table inside of your master closet for that movie star feeling.
4. Shoe therapy. Say hello to more room — which means more shoes, of course. Install shelving around and above the entire master closet door for additional space and another reason to go shopping.
5. Laundry master. A stackable washer and dryer in the master closet make laundry a snap. This is where the dirty clothes come off anyway, and there's easy access to hang and put away clean clothes.
6. Less is more. Create a one-of-a-kind closet with beautiful closet doors to encase your entire wardrobe. The only thing showing will be the exquisite elegance of cabinetry.
7. Take a seat. Add a quaint nook underneath the window inside of your master closet. It's a great way to put on your heels and have additional storage.
8. Handsome closet. Organize cumbersome ties, belts and other accessories into one spacious area. Having everything at your fingertips will make getting ready for the day easier as well as faster.
9. Center stage. A master closet with enough room to house an entire dressing island is simply wonderful, offering additional storage and a place to lay out your fine jewelery and cell phone.
Storage Readers' Choice: The 10 Most Popular Closet Photos of 2012
Clothes horses consider these closets thoroughbreds — but their storage and organizing ideas can inspire everyday dressing tooFull Story
Storage 13 Ways to Spiff Up Your Closet — and Your Dressing Routine
Be a wardrobe mistress or master with these decorating, storage and dressing inspiration ideasFull Story