94 Dream Bedscapes
Picture yourself in one of these settings for a stylish night’s sleep
What backdrop would you choose for the first thing you see when you step into your bedroom — the backdrop for your own perfect slumber? If you haven’t yet set the right stage for the end of your day, take inspiration from this flip book of bedscapes. Then tell us which one you’d want to be part of.
3. Oars embellish the headboard in a mountain home in California’s Sacramento area.
4. A sentimental horse portrait is the star of this gallery bedscape in a New York studio.
5. Complementary colors play in this eclectic bedroom in Los Angeles’ Silver Lake area.
6. A vintage map of the United States picks up the greens and golds in this bedroom’s decor.
7. A headboard made with a collection of wood panels brings soft natural colors to this simple bedroom.
8. Designer Caitlin Wilson made this headboard to showcase her Fleur Chinoise textile in a berry pattern. Cleft pillows in Coral Fretwork fabric and Berry signature pillow shams from Wilson’s Garnet Hill collection create a hotel look. The nightstands are Ikea hacks, painted gray and with new gold acrylic knobs.
9. A white rattan headboard is the ultimate accent against black bedroom walls. Tie-dyed and embroidered pillows bridge the extremes with color.
10. Massive Mexican doors mounted with steel brackets make for a unique headboard in Manhattan.
11. A tall headboard features a drift of pastel florals; smaller-scale dots complement the blooms on the pillows and bench.
12. Bleached salvaged wood and concrete create a surprisingly serene backdrop for an industrial-style platform bed in Santa Barabara, California.
13. Art photography and dip-dyed pillowcases make for a dynamic combination in a neutral bedscape design.
15. This bedroom in Hawaii creates a big pop with bold red wallpaper and an ebony four-poster bed.
16. In this New York City bedroom, a gallery wall of art behind the bed and two silver pendant lights hanging above the nightstands complete the scene.
18. A map of the world painted on the wall and a dramatic black task lamp work wonders in this moody Vancouver bedroom.
23. A Park Avenue, Manhattan, apartment designed by Katch ID utilizes a padded headboard in between two bookshelves to create an elegant bedscape.
24. The black feature wall in the bedroom uses contrast to play up the red pendant cords and zigzag headboard, made from an MDF board covered in fabric. What looks like a lighted sign is a canvas printed with a font the owner embellished in Photoshop.
25. This traditional bedroom in Boston includes green dyed grass cloth wallpaper and two shaded wall sconces.
26. Reclaimed cedar, red oak and heart pine mix in this room’s headboard, bed frame, side tables, and support brackets for the hanging lamps.
28. A bedscape in blue includes an upholstered wall and bright blue bedding that complements the adjoining bathroom and helps to brighten the space.
29. A cane wood four-poster bed, chevron table lamps and festive wallpaper are highlights of this New York bedroom.
31. A rustic bedscape in Birmingham, Alabama, is highlighted by a massive salvaged-timber headboard.
35. Colors and patterns know no bounds in this jubilant Dallas bedroom.
37. This bedscape in London uses concrete wallpaper to create an industrial vibe.
38. A mostly white bedroom in Boston uses a Greek-key pattern behind the bed to create a classical touch to the modern space.
39. Dark sage-green walls, wood bookshelves and an antique photograph create an eclectic look in this New York bedroom.
42. This bedscape in an Australian beach house includes a sea grass hardboard and nautical-inspired photographs to create a seaworthy scene.
43. This Boston bedscape literally nails it, with its riveted wallpaper and nailhead-trimmed headboard.
44. An equine-inspired bedscape in England includes wallpaper and decorative pillows covered in images of horses.
45. An illuminated screen of interlocking rings is used to stunning effect in this bedroom. The screen pairs well with the upholstered bench at the end of the bed.
46. This minimalist bedroom in London lets it knotty pine architecture do the talking, with a great modern table lamp pitching in.
47. This beach-style bedscape in Hawaii includes an antique carved wood headboard and a curtain of white string, for a peaceful retreat.
48. A structural wall serves as a headboard for this sleek, modern bedscape in Moscow.
50. This Melbourne, Australia, bedscape uses graphic bedding and art to create a bold feast for the eyes.
53. This fantastical New York City bedscape uses cloud structures above the headboard and colorful stuffed animals at the foot of the bed to create a whimsical scene.
55. A custom antiqued mirror with a gold effect adds openness to this narrow bedroom in London.
56. This traditional bedroom in Los Angeles, designed by Lindsay Pennington, utilizes two different antique chest for nightstands and dark navy paint for the walls.
62. An eclectic bedroom in Melbourne, Australia, uses an assortment of vintage collectables to create a lovely vignette.
63. A Dallas bedscape uses a variety of materials, such as chevron-patterned drapes and a wood deer’s head to create a layered look.
72. A collection of antique photographs, glided mirrors and a glass chandelier add some pizzaz to this white-walled bedscape in Dallas.
77. An elegant London bedroom gives off a definite air of luxury with its massive velvet headboard and silver fur throw draped over the bed.
79. This Canadian bedscape tucked between two floor-to-ceiling cabinets shows a clever use of space. The shelves provide a great display space for collectibles.
80. Silver is definitely the star of this Perth, Australia, bedscape. From the wallpaper to the nightstands to the bedding, tinsel tones reign supreme.
90. Antique shutters used as a headboard and a gallery wall of art make for a lovely eclectic bedscape in Los Angeles.
93. This San Francisco bedscape, designed by Lauren Geremia, includes cool brass table lamps and a dark navy wall as a backdrop for the modern scene.