21st Century BungalowTraditional Bathroom
Could you tell me the depth of the dressing table portion of the counter. I
- I am renovating my bath and would like to use the area that now has a sink and vanity as a dressing table. Right now it is 18 " deep and I am wondering if I could make it narrower but still have it function as a dressing table. Thank you
Can you share where you got your cabinet hardware?
- I am looking for crystal knobs (not glass) and having a hard time finding them. I like that you used handles on the long drawers. An idea for me... Thanks!
What is the total length of the sink/ cabinet area?
- This is just lovely and I'm trying to decide if my new bath will accomadate a similar setup. I would like to know approximately how long is the area that has countertop? Thank you!
Where can I find the subway tile on the wall and what color is it? Also, what tile is used on the floor?
Hi Shane. Could you please tell me the names and types of tiles used for the backsplash and floor? Thanks!
Is the tile matte or glossy on this vanity wall?
- I am planning to do a vanity wall quite similar to yours. The rest of the tile in my bathroom is matte, except for my accent tile in the shower which has 1/2 glossy, 1/2 matte. The glossy pieces are a mini subway tile in the same color that I plan to put on the wall. I was wondering what you used here and if I should use matte or glossy in my application. I would appreciate your help. Love your work on this whole house! Thanks
Would you recomend 18" or 21" inch depth vanities in 6 foot wide galley master bath.
- We are remodeling our master bath and only have 6' between vanity wall and opposite wall (closet). Vanity space is almost 12' wide. We aren't sure whether to use 18" deep vanities with 21" center bump out with tower or 21" vanities with 24" center bump out. most likely will go with wall mounted faucets. Any recommendation?
Does anyone know the name of the backsplash tile? I have checked american olean and can not find it?
Hi Shane...I would love to copy this bathroom....BUT what does the bath/shower look like? Any pictures...I ha
- Hi Shane...I would love to copy this bathroom....BUT what does the bath/shower look like? Any pictures...I have no sense of imagination and must use pictures with my contractors.
What is the length of the cabinets/countertop
- I'd like to do something similar in my bath, cabinets on top, 2 sinks and a vanity and am wondering how much space I'd need.
- I love your makeup vanity. How much lower should it be to your vanity sink bases? My vanity sink bases are 27" from the floor (new construction)
Permission to feature photo
- Hi Shane,
I'm a Content Curator for a National Home Builder's blog. Currently, I'm gathering photos for a Kitchen + Bathroom trends article. I like how you put drawers under the vanity cabinet drawers. That's genius! I was wondering if I could feature this image in our posting. I'll make sure you get credited and links go where you want them to, similar to this piece: http://blog.taylormorrison.com/post/2013/07/29/Home-Entertainment-Technology-101-With-So-Many-Choices-What-Should-I-Use.aspx. Thanks for your time.
- I absolutely love this look. The wall sconces are so attractive. Is this a design element, or does it actually provide good lighting for make-up? I have room for only 2 mirrors, no make-up vanity, how many wall sconces should I plan for? Thank you for your kind response.
- Hi, I love the sconces in this bathroom. Can you tell me what brand they are and where they can be purchased. Thank you so much. Love the bathroom. Gorgeous!!!
- how do you mount the mirrors to the tile backsplash? I love this look and we have the similar cabinets and granite in our ensuite. Thanks so much.
- Love it. What is the color of the cabinets, countertops, and wall tile. Not sure because of the lighting. Thx
What are the mirror measurements vertical and horizontal?
- We are taking down the huge wall mirror and I need to do three mirrors, one being lower for the vanity but the tops at the same height! Thanks
This is exactly the design I want.
- Do you think it is possible to do with a 106" wall? I could make the towers 12" wide. My sinks are a standard oval 17" width and I could make do with a 22" knee space for the vanity. Would this be too crowded?
Can i paint the bottom of each step of my stairs in my foyer a color other than white?
- My stairs are the natural color wood on the top of each step, but the bottom of each step is white.
How high above the sink are the faucets?
- Is there a "proper" height to place wall mounted faucets above the sinks, and do they splash more than regular faucets that are placed on the countertop?
toilet and shower colors
- I am redoing our bathroom now and have an ivory w/ cocoa glaze cabinet like this with black countertop and white undermount sinks. Not sure what color to do the toilet and shower. Would white or a bisque be better? Also, should the light fixtures and faucets all be the same finish?
Still trying to find the material used for the countertops!
- I have vanities and floor tile selected -- the only missing piece is the countertops -- and it's a big piece!
- Love this bathroom -- can you please tell me what material the counterops are made of?
- Two questions -
What is the source for the glass knobs and pulls?
What is company for the cabinets?
Such a charming and beautiful look! I feel inspired to use several of your ideas! Thank you!
Can you tell me the length from towel holder to towel holder?
- I have a master bath remodel and only 6'6!inch counter space to work with. I want a vanity in between like this. I don't need a lot of room...
I'm considering using recessed ceiling lights over my bathroom vanity.
- There is no natural light in the bathroom. i have 3 recessed lights down the length of the bathroom - it's very narrow - about 3 feet from vanity edge to wall. Considering using recessed lights over the vanity but want to make sure that I get enough light for make up, dressing, etc.
Would inset doors look better?
- My client likes the bead board doors & crystal knobs. Just wondering if you think vanities would look even sharper with inset doors rather than overlays? Much thanks for fielding my question!
Tile behind sink.
- I love this look . I do have enough granite for a double vanity top but not enough for backsplash. The subway tile looks greatI but what about all the water that wets the grout on a daily basis ? Does the grout not discolor? Thanks! Ana
- You are one heck of a designer! I checked out all of your projects and I'm obsessed!
We're renovating our bathrooms and would love to do what you have here. Could u please give me the measurements of the vanity? I'm wondering how deep/wide/high the makeup counter is and the height and width of the sink with the double door cabinet. Thanks in advance!
Would a 27" wide makeup vanity be OK?
- Your bathroom is just gorgeous! It has been a great inspiration for us. May I ask if a 27" wide makeup vanity area is sufficient and/or practical? This is for a new construction. I wasn't sure if 27" was wide enough. The height of the sink vanities will be 36" and the makeup vanity can be 30" high. If 27" is too narrow, I could put in drawers instead and/or enlarge the sink vanity area. Any suggestions? I would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful project.
- Does anyone know where to buy these mirrors? And the size? Building a house and would like to add these mirrors in the bathroom. Thanks!
How are the mirrors mounted to the wall?
- Are the mirrors permanently mounted to the wall like a traditional mirror (glue) or are they hung similar to a picture?
Baking sheet storage ideas?
- Already have kitchen cabinets - looking for a way to incorporate baking sheet storage into a kitchen hutch/piece of furniture..
how is the wood treated for water and humidity resistance
- we are a firm in the middle east and bathroom cabinets are not common here. so what do you use to treat the wood to become water and humidity resistant and more durable for bathrooms.
- Please share the specific color name of the the 'beige' looking tile in the floor. I see it is a combination of white with a 'beige type' color. as an accent. Thanks very much! Your design is lovely!
What Houzz contributors are saying:
In your mind, “while you’re at it” is simple. Six inches doesn’t seem very far at all. An electrician is already working at your house, and you already have a can light installed. Bada bing, bada boom. No harm in moving it a few inches. But it’s not so simple.In your contractor’s mind, these four words translate to “change order.” And while change orders aren’t evil — they’re necessary and inevitable in many cases — they are notorious for adding cost to a project. If you’ve worked hard to come to an agreement with your banker, your contractor or your spouse to stay within a fixed price, a change order or two (or three, or 10) can really throw your budget a curveball.
Maximize your vanity. If the year ahead holds a bathroom remodel, then be sure to consider your vanity. It’s possible you’ll want it custom made to fit all your needs, such as the addition of a makeup counter in this example.