Architects & Building Designers
hardieboard would have looked too plastic like for this use
Thanks! I'm in CA too (bay area) so I'm going to look into using plywood. Any specifics I should know about with regard to the material? I'm going to talk to my contractor about it but don't know if he's done this before.
- We are in the process of building a home in the farmhouse style in the Midwest. Not having a lot of the modern touches that his one might have, but very similar in a lot of aspects. We are torn at this point on exterior materials. I feel that the all board and batten is a more traditional look but every high end home in our town recently has stone around the bottom and that is immediately where the builder and designer went with the materials. Thoughts about this and did you consider incorporating any other materials in the exterior of this house?
Most licensed architects would never sell their plans -- this was a custom designed home, for the property in which it sits, not really something you could just pick up and drop somewhere.
I understand that the house would not work everywhere. I was just very taken by the design. We have licensed architects here as well and some plans are for sale. I was simply inquiring as to whether these were. Thank you for your response. Houzz is a showcase for design and people looking for ideas frequent the site to do just that....get ideas.
Would you be so kind as to tell me what other color choice would you select aside from white for this style of home? Thank you kindly in advance for your time and advice.
You have a gorgeous home. You said the board and batten exterior paint color is Farrow and Ball - All White. Is the trim this same color? What sheen? Thank you for the help.
- Would you please share the paint color used for the front door and the roof color?
what is the spacing of the battan boards?
hi! 1'-0" on center!
- What are the pavers ?
are they full color or regular? thermal?
hi! not sure, i believe just standard bluestone, regular.
- Any idea what the small trees in front of the house are?
hi! sorry, i don't
they look like Birch Trees
- It looks like a type of window sash on the exterior, I am curious as to the configuration and size of material used......Thanks Tom L
hi! the windows are eagle, clad aluminum exterior, wood interiors. windows are then trimmed in painted wood, flat stock, which varied depending on condition -- probably narrowist was 2.5-3.5" and would get wider at corner transitions as you are seeing the upper windows above the front door.
Thanks for your quick response, you have answered my question.
- Do you happen to know what kind of trees the two are?
sorry, i don't!
house is 5,509 sf with 3 garage spots, attached.
- Comparable to this Farrow and Ball color. Thanks you!!
hello! i would suggest going to a paint store, they will be the best to color match!
- What is the name/style of the sconce shown here?
hi! i'm not sure what was ultimately selected, but I would check Shades of Light and Barn Lights for lights!
- What was used for the siding of this home?
hi! boards were from high-end plywood and then the battens were a rough sawn wood --- all painted out
- Is there a house Plan for this home?
hello! thanks for reaching out. Floor plans are not available for viewing.
Eagle clad windows!
It was either plummet or manor house gray from farrow and ball
- Are there any more photos that show the layout/flow of the house? I would love to see how all of the rooms connect.
- Could you please tell me where the front lights are from? Thanks!
- I'd love to see some interior shots! Love the outside!
- Is the plywood exposed 10' between the batten?
Board and batten, lined up with roof peak.
Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268