- What is the heated sqft and the cost to built this house(est)?
- We are looking to design a home in the phoenix area. This is beautiful. Can you tell me who the architect was?
We are working with a local builder and we showed him a pic of your elevation. They told us the roof pitch looks to be 14/12. They are also charging us an additional $36,000 for the high roofs as compared to your average roof homes. Does that sound like a reasonable extra?
As you've probably guessed it impossible to say if that is too much or not without knowing all the details of the entire project. Houses are complex creatures that involve hundreds, if not thousands of decisions. One thing drives 5 others, my advice is pick a great contractor you relate to and trust in their judgement.
- Is this an architectural asphalt shingle or a different material?
Thank you for your time.
The roof was layed with cedar shakes which patina'd over time to a varying shades of gray. Good luck with your project.
They're beautiful. I was hoping for some miraculous asphalt that looked like the real thing! I guess there is no replacement!
I'd like to know as well.
- What's the roof pitch height? 14/12 or 16/12?
If memory serves it was a 12/12 in the front, and a 6/12 on the main span.
- Beautiful home! Is there a floor plan of this home I could see or someone you could direct me to that would have it? Thank you!
Love this style but a bit steeper roof
french country room and exterior
Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268