Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers
- Lovely space. Wrong species of bamboo in my opinion.
Thanks for the information---
- Great designs.
The tree is Amelanchier lamarkii. It flowers early so is one of the great heralds of Spring.
- Hello. What is the tree with the white flowers please? And would it survive in South Floridai?
Hi Guylaine, it is amelanchier lamarkii and I believe is the European form of what was originally a North American native form. I read that the native range of this tree is 4-8 so south Florida is probably pushing it but I'm really not sure about this. You be best to make some of your own enquiries locally. I hope that helps.
That tree is beautiful
- Just wanted to compliment this elegant space.
Many thanks, very kind of you to say so!
Wow ! This looks amazing.
- Thank you very much for your response to my other question, btw. I just now saw it. :) I was also curious to know what you have used for the floor here? And lastly, is that a stainless steel water feature in the back? Any details on it would also be appreciated! Thanks again.
Hi Guylaine, yes it's a brushed stainless steel water wall rather than polished which is a little easier to maintain and a little less "in your face". Not much else to say about it other than it is designed to be as simple as possible (no hood across the top) so that it's all about the material and how the water runs down it. The ground treatment consists of a combination of decking (iroko as this was the material of choice throughout the development) and sandblasted basalt from Italy.
- Could you please tell me about the lighting?
Hi Robert, what do you want to know? They are predominantly 3 watt LED warm white spike spotlights so the effect is achieved through simple up lighting. There are also some 1 watt mini spike spots. The make is Collingwood which I believe are made in China. Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know.
- This is my ultimate dream. I live in a community that still have the large grass yards with wasted water running down the streets. I love what you did to this back patio. May I ask how much did it cost. So modern clean and beautifying
Thank you for sharing.
That's a pleasure. I'm so glad you like it. It is indeed a magical space. It's probably best if you contact me via email if you would like any information about budgets etc. John
- Do you know the brand of these window doors please?
Dear Jessie, I'm really sorry but I don't and am not in touch with the main contractor on this project. John
This is phyllostachys aurea
- J'aimerais savoir si ce type de bamboo peut survivre au Canada?
I'm not sure. You had best check with www.bambooworld.com . Different places appear to say different things about the plant's hardiness. Here in the UK we are told it is hardy to -10 C ie H4 or 8b-9a, depending on which system you use. This would suggest that the answer is NO. However, it would also depend on your local conditions. There certainly appear to be some bamboos which will tolerate extreme cold. Sorry not be more helpful.
- This is awesome! Maybe my favorite pic on Houzz. Great job!
High praise indeed! I'm glad you like it. Thanks
Apologies for missing this question. It's phyllostachys aurea ie golden bamboo. I chose it because it is pne ofthe most fastigiate bamboos ie doesn't tend to flop
- I have a terrace in a building I need your advise how to make a trees separations knowing that I have ceramics on the floor and I don't like to use pots
Hi Michelle, not sure I really understand your question. Sorry - maybe a raised bed with low retaining walls which is a bit like a cross between planting out and planters??
- Looking for solar path lights that are flush to the ground
- do you happen to know the dimensions of the outdoor space here? would love to know how big it is.
- Es un diseño con mucho equilibrio .
The windows i would want at the end of the kitchen. The are not by-fold they are sliding but you get more glass. Esp if we make it 4 sheets wide
Tall trees with lights against them
Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).