Evanston ProjectTraditional Kitchen, Chicago
Love the tin ceiling, does it come in copper?
- Really like the tin ceiling idea, but would like it better if it added the warmth of copper, maybe even use it ass a back splash behind a stove top? Thanks for any answers.
I know the floor is hardwood but what is it called and who makes it. Is it engineered or real hardwood. Any
- What color and pattern are the tin tiles? Love love love,this kitchen! I'm building a house and this is my inspiration.
Where can I find these pendants?
- Also would love some additional info on where to buy affordable lighting ...
Is this floor made of Tile or Wood?
- This looks like it is a new tile made to look like Wood flooring, is it?
Is the grooves or ripple effect in the wood called "hand hued". ?
- the finish on the wood flooring looks like to me it has grooves or little ripples. Is this product called a hand hued finish?
nice ceiling decoration..but how to stick the tiles?
- It's a norm to put the tiles on the floor, but how to stick them on the ceiling? plus, it's defying gravity of course..i don't think using the method of sticking them on the floor will make it happen just fine on the ceiling as well..could you please explain a bit detail..? thanks..
- Hi please can you tell me where you purchased the bar stool from and do they have material on the seating area or just wood?
- Please let us know the type and color of these countertops. I have been looking all over for something like this.. Thank u
- I would like to know the product that is on the floor -- is it wood or something else -- who is the maker? Thanks.
Jane, Could you tell me about the two-island design?
- This is an elegant and interesting kitchen. Beautiful! I am curious about the two-island plan. Do the islands serve different purposes? Just would love to learn more since I am in the midst of designing my one island! Thanks so much.
Cement countertops pros / cons
- Considering cement because we want a light gray counter and there aren't many options, and I love the look of cement. Any notes on cement?
Pendant lighting over island?
- Love the lighting over island. Can you please share the manufacturer and model?
- The "white" cabinets are soft and work nicely with the dark floors. What color did you use? Thank you!
stainless Steel color variations
- Hello, I was wondering if you can tell me if it would look OK to mix a stainless steel appliance with an EZ clean one? They are not right next to each other. What do you think?
Appreciate your comments.
- what are counter top trends for color and material. Wondering the same for large kitchen appliances.
- Is there an advantage to using hand scraped wood floors in the kitchen vs regular wood floors? I am considering getting hand scraped floors since they look more durable, especially for a kitchen. I have an open concept first floor and want to keep the floor uniform, but I'm terrified of wood in the kitchen. Great design! Looks amazing!
I think I've searched every msg to insure I haven't missed the answer
- Jane, You are very gifted. This is such an INCREDIBLE result! I think I've read every single message with every single picture posted. Wanted to be thorough before posting this question. I did not see an answer, so here goes: Starting construction and am very attracted to your pendant choices over these islands. With limited time between career and kids to physically shop, Houzz has been a Godsend. If you are willing to share manufacturer, I can search from there. THANK YOU for your consideration!
How can I get the price for the Island?
- I want the island with the chairs. where can I look it up at?
- Hi - just wondering where the fridge is located in this layout? The appliance configuration intrigues me.
Is that the refrigerator over by the patio door?
- How does it work having all of the major stations (sink, stove, refrigerator) on one wall rather than in a conventional work triangle? And it seems household traffic would go right through the work area to get to the exterior? I am having a similar problem with my layout and would appreciate any advice.
Will copper ceiling feature meld with which cabinet and counter look ?
- THis gives a darker kitchen some style or a bit of femininity. It may be a good offset to the more modern, masculine furnishings/elements. What do you think of the combinations we are selecting ? Do they flow together ? Thanks for looking for grey cabinets. I would also be happy with wood that had more of rough hewn look than the formal cabinets that look polished. I saw some with grain showing -- may be $$$$ and more custom.
- I have a question? If you could look in my idea book I have two pics at the end of the album of my kitchen. I needed to know what type of countertops do I have and what floor and backsplash could I use to make my kitchen click together! Thanks
Decoration for Californian style ?
- Kind of furnitures, colors, color walls...?
Vintage style is adequate for a californian style house?
- Please tell us how many inches the island countertop is from the bottom of the beautiful pendant lights. Thank you, DB
- Please tell us the dimensions of the kitchen and the dimensions of the islands. Do the tin insets mirror the shape and size of the islands? Thank you, DB
- Could I add a white subway tile backsplash? There are so many whites to select from. Any suggestions if you think this is a good way to go?
Also, what finish are the pulls?
Hi Jane! Great kitchen. What finish are the tiles -- polished, etc? Do you recommend a certain finish?
What is the size of the island and what is the spacing around island for movement?
- width and length
What Houzz contributors are saying:
2. Traditional tin tile and white. This unique tin-lined ceiling caught the eye of users who wanted a traditional twist in their kitchen. The mix of more contemporary fixtures and classic tin tiles may have been the initial draw, but the unique appliance layout and double island are just as inspiring.