Family FirstTraditional Family Room, Vancouver
Victoria Achtymichuk Photography
- Every second house on HOUZZ PUTS A TV ABOVE A FIREPLACE. Is there some unwritten dumb rule I don't know. I have mine next to one another. TV should be at EYE HEIGHT WHEN SITTING.
Love your design. Meaurements question
- Love your design. Looking to design something very similar. I saw in a previous question it was 8" from floor to bottom of the fireplace, can you tell me the measurements from the top of the fireplace to the bottom of your TV mount? What size TV is in the display? Also, what is your celing height, and width of the stone covered area. The bump out of the stone in front of the book cases looks to be about 8" or so, is that correct? Also curious as to the dimensions of your bookshelves (hxwxd). Our design is very similar but we are stuggling with getting it to look as visually balanced as this one. Thanks in advance for your help!
TV Mount Question
- How did you finish the stone work behind the TV & incorporate the TV mount? Thanks!
what is the fireplace company?
- what is the name of the fireplace company is it better to have a gas fireplace or just electric?
Fireplace distance to the floor!
- Do you recall what the height of the stone is from the floor to the start of the fireplace? I like how low this fireplace is but our contractor thinks visually it should be up higher. Just wanted to come back with an idea based on this picture. Thanks!
Where's the rest of the video equipment?
- Love the FP / TV wall, but where do you put the DVD in this type of installation? And where is all the wiring that goes along with it?
Love the look!! How far apart should the tv and natural fireplace be?
- When placing a tv above a natural burning fireplace, what should the height distance be? Thank you in advance
- Hello..... could you please tell me how high the fireplace is off the floor? Thank you
Width of wall / built ins?
- Absolutely love the room, and super glad I saw it. We're about to do something very similar in our home.
I'm curious on some of the dimensions. You said the room is 9' tall, and the fireplace 60" wide.
How wide is the stone facing? 72"?
How about the built ins? 36? 42?
Finally, how tall is the bottom cabinet? Looks like it is 30 or 36 with the same 8"s off the ground that the fireplace is?
Bookshelf set back
- Love the design. How far back are your book shelves set back from the front edge of the cabinet? Looks to be 3 or 4" stagger from the picture, but hard to tell given the angle.
measurements (follow up)
- Quick follow up questions for you on the previous question on measurements. when you say the TV is placed 28" from top of the fireplace, is that 28" to the bottom of the mount? Also, what is the correct term for the wooden panel below each bookshelf that raises it off the floor and the panel at the top that houses the lights? What is the height of both?
Thanks again for your help
- Is there any way to dye or otherwise change the color of existing stack stone fireplace?
Love the Book Shelves!
- Are those book shelves custom made? If semi-custom do you know the manufacturer?
- We love how this room turned out! The stacked stone looks beautiful. Can you let us know where it came from?
Would love to know the dimensions of the living room.
- You like to know if this furniture would work in my own space
What is the price and power source?
- Where can this be found for details on power source and price?
What color is the paint used on the wall?
- I love the color of the paint on the wall. What exact color is it? I'm thinking of doing a very similar project with the slate grey stone in the living room.
- What adhesive do you generally use when running the ledger stone over the metal fireplace panels flush with the fireplace opening?