A small kitchen needs to be designed by being cognizant of every kitchen item the client owns and when the kitchen is only 90 sq ft, this can be quite challenging!
The original kitchen housed a double wall oven, cook top and 36” range. Since space was at a minimum and the client’s list for appliances was extensive (range, warming drawer, wine refrigerator, dishwasher, ref) we had to think quite creatively. We also had 2 doors to contend with and 2 focal points to create!
The first step was to move to a 27” wide refrigerator, this gained 9 additional inches of working counter space between the sink and refrigerator. Opting for a 24” wide single bowl sink over the original 30” netted a total of 15” for a tray divider cabinet and 39” of working counter space between the sink and the refrigerator!
The new 30” range was positioned as star on the same wall as the existing cook top. Since the space did not lend us the ability to balance the cabinet doors sizes on both sides of the hood, we chose a door style that focused your eyes not on the overall size of the door, but on the vertical detailing. The subtle grain of the Rift White Oak further minimized the odd sizing of the doors.
(NOTE: THE COLOURS OF THE KITCHEN ARE REPRESENTED PROPERLY IN THE PHOTO OF THE RANGE WALL)
To help create a visual width of the room – we used a glass tile set in a horizontal pattern. Our ultimate goal for this space was to create a calm and flowing space, all appliances are fully integrated to enhance the visual flow to the room.
• Sink: Blanco Silgranite 511-714 – 24” undermount
• Faucet: Moen Showhouse S71709CSL – Satin Chrome
• ISE Water filter and Hot water dispenser
• Neil Kelly Signature Cabinets – FSC Certified Riftsawn White Oak, Low VOC finish, Non Urea Added Formaldehyde Plywood construction
• Sugastune pulls
• Appliance pulls: Atlas
• Granite – Aqualine
• Flooring: Solida 6mm glue down cork
• Tile: Opera Glass – Stilato Satin
• Paint: Devine – Low VOC paint
o Hood – Venta Hood
o Range – Jennair
o Refrigerator – SubZero
o Dishwasher – Bosch
o Warming Drawer – Dacor
o Wine Refrigerator – U-line
• Lighting – Compact fluorescent recessed Cans
• Undercabinet lighting – Zenon
Move stove away from the wAllw a hood layout of kitchen - jgrinberg