Gray Bathroom Ideas
Choosing gray for your bathroom is just a starting point from which you can go in a number of design directions. Far from being bland and boring, gray is a versatile color that can add a sophisticated touch to any space. If you’re looking for gray bathroom ideas, consider the following 10 design tips and then browse thousands of gray bathroom pictures below.
1. Highlight a Gray Bathroom Vanity: Gray doesn’t have to be a background color. To draw in the eye, try installing a gray bathroom vanity in a distinctive shade, like blue-gray. Paired with quartz countertops, a gray vanity can look particularly elegant in a traditional or contemporary bathroom.
2. Go Gray — And White: Gray is at its best when paired with another shade, like white. So if you’re looking for white and gray bathroom ideas, consider going for gray bathroom walls with white crown molding. You can also install white shiplap or beadboard on the bottom half of the walls.
3. Tile Away: Updating your bathroom tile is a great way to make it feel like new, and a gray tile bathroom can look especially sleek and modern. Go with classic gray subway tile or playful scallop shapes.
4. Cool and Concrete: Speaking of gray bathroom tiles, why not try going for concrete? Available in tile form or in slabs, concrete holds up well against water and offers smart, modern style. While it’s great for flooring, you can also use it on your countertops or on your shower walls.
5. Wallpaper Up: Try using gray in unexpected ways, like in a floral wallpaper. Muted gray tones will help you create a tasteful, feminine bathroom without it feeling too frilly. Try lighting candles at night and enjoy the moody look in your gray bathroom.
6. Beach Chic: While preppy Cape Cod style has its own appeal, you can also take inspiration from those foggy, windswept days on the beach with gray bathroom accessories. Think glass bottles, white wood and gray tile for a sophisticated beachy look.
7. Brighten It Up: If all gray is too dark for you, add in some color with a gray and yellow bathroom. Gray tile can look great with a few colorful pieces mixed in. For a modern Scandinavian look, pair abstract yellow art with gray walls.
8. Crisp Contrasts: To go for a bold modern or contemporary look, try pairing dark gray bathroom cabinets with glossy white countertops. This classic combination will make the surfaces pop and glisten — and prove that gray doesn’t have to be drab.
9. Gray and Marble: If you’re searching for the perfect gray bathroom floor tile, look no further than marble. Available in a number of gray and white tones, marble will make any gray bathroom feel like a luxurious retreat. You can also pair white marble and gray walls for a stunning effect.
10. It’s All In the Accents: To achieve an urban, minimalist mood, try accessorizing with gray bathroom decor. Ditch terry cloth and opt instead for chic gray linen towels. And instead of a fuzzy bath mat, use a gray, flat-woven rug.
Whether you want inspiration for planning a gray bathroom renovation or are building a designer bathroom from scratch, Houzz has 190,923 images from the best designers, decorators, and architects in the country, including Van Metre Homes and Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors. Look through bathroom photos in different colours and styles and when you find a gray bathroom design that inspires you, save it to an Ideabook or contact the Pro who made it happen to see what kind of design ideas they have for your home. Explore the beautiful gray bathroom ideas photo gallery and find out exactly why Houzz is the best experience for home renovation and design.
Popular Filters to Try: