Master HallContemporary Hall, Chicago
Custom base board with white oak flooring
The baseboards and crown.
- I would love to incorporate these in my own condo. Can you tell me how to purchase this product?
- Beautiful space...have a question about the stain; wondering if if I have a dog and a 7 yr old, if a dark stain like this would be an alternative for us. We live in a 100 yr old house. I believe we have white birch floors (at least that's what we used on our family room edition). It's the narrower 1" board that does not have as much training/variation as the oak used here. This is exactly the look/color I was going for as we have a lot of wood detail, wide molding in our home. Currently our wood is a lighter/golden/reddish color. We are installing a sisal runner on our stairs and will need to refinish the stairs prior to intstallation and will then look at refinishing the rest of the house. Thank you
What is the finish on the floor - matte or semigloss?
- Is the finish matte or semigloss on the flooring? Thanks.
- Hello your base boards and Door frame are beautiful!! Can you pls share what was used? Is it lacquer? Thank you
- Where can I get thie molding? How many inches high is it? What are the heights of the ceiling in the room?
Warm elegant and contemporary feeling
- Hi, I love your design!!
I just installed a white tile marble look and I regret it so much because I feel that I lost the warm feel in the foyer/hall. I wish I did a wood flooring instead. Can you please tell me what can i do to get this warm feeling back again!! I really do like the design of the Astor residence with the mix of contemporary and classical. Also I was looking at the doors in the Astor residence with one panel raised that I was thinking to put but I don't know if I should go white or dark wood. Please help me!!! I need to love my home again!!!! Worst feeling ever!!
Loving these colors!
- Can you share the name of the trim color? I'm looking to find a good wall color other than shaker beige to pair with the color mayonnaise for the trim. Thank you!
What do you think about this stain for pine?
- We are renovating a 70's house with random width pine flooring. I like the color of this floor... Comments??
This is beautiful and I love the baseboards and crown.
- This looks so great, I have 10' ceiling and dont know if I could get away with this. Do you know the height of the ceilings in this hallway?
FORMULA OF CHOCOLATE AND EBONY MIX
- Hi there, your picture is beautiful and certainly a busy blog! I am going to refinish my oak floors and was just wondering what part ebony to what part chocolate was mixed for this? Thanks if you can help me. :o)
Which brand of stain was used? I looked through the Minwax colors but did not see chocolate. Thank you.
2 Trim Colors Listed
- Two questions asked about trim color. dSPACE gave 2 different answers. One answer was BM Vanilla Milkshake, the other was BM Hazy Skies. May I know which one is correct? Thank you.
what is the finish on these floors
- beautiful floors I have read the stain comment but what is the finish on them
love the low sheen
- I'm trying to duplicate this color. Could you tell me which brand of chocolate and ebony stain you used and how you mixed it to obtain this look?
I am planning to use this color in my vaulted ceiling bathroom.
- I want to paint the ceiling the same color. What sheen would you recommend for both walls and ceiling? Also, I chose this color to minimize the pale pink tile throughout the bathroom. Do you agree with my color choice for the walls/ceiling? Thank you in advance for your help.
Temperature light color
- Hi. Can you tell what temperature color of light did you use in most of the house like this hall for exemple? (3000k daylight or 2700k warm white or something else) thank you!!
Which went down first? The floor or baseboards?
- I am trying to accomplish the same look and our trim carpenter wants floors to go down first. Did the floor or baseboards go down first?
- Love the baseboards and casings that you have chosen. I totally understand how they work in doorways that don't have doors but for doorways that have doors, how far is the casing set back from the door? In other words, when the baseboard approaches the door and it's turned on itself, does that result in having to set the casing as much as 1/2" from the door leaving the doorframe exposed 1/2", instead of the usual 1/8"? Thanks again!
how are the windows cased out on this project
- Can you show me a window that was cased out on this project
- I am thinking about doing this on the walls of our staircase and using black and white photos. Do you think this color is 2 dark for stairs?
The windows in the background
- Is the trim around the windows the same as in the picture or is it just an extension of the jam?