Interior Designers & Decorators
- What color paint is on the walls?
- Who makes the chairs?
- I'm struggling with what color hardwood to put in my new townhome which doesn't have a great deal of light. I'd like a light color to give me a modern, "coastal" look.
The floors are clear maple with a natural finish which has less distinctive grain pattern than oak. The shelving is teak with a natural finish. I added the teak to give more interest, depth and warmth with the distinctive grain pattern to contrast and balance with the bronzed ceramic tile on the fireplace surround.
- I love the clean look of the fireplace box. I'm building a custom home & pretty soon my FP has to be tiled in about a week. I'm using 8" x 24" tiles brick lay 10' ceilings. my dilemma is the tile sub is giving me a choice of bullnose or schluter strips for corners. i don't want a metal piece running up the corner to pull edges together even if they come in different colors. as far as bullnose, he made it seem like it would look busy. this looks like stone so that might be the difference; but I believe I've seen some of your other designs where you've used tile. really appreciate any help or guidance. how can I get this clean look with tile? thank you
This material is porcelain which allowed the installer to miter the outside corners for a very clean look. You cannot do this with ceramic tile and must use bullnose pieces.
- Do you have a picture of the entire wall that the fireplace is on? I love how you have incorporated the shelves into the fireplace and am wondering how far over the top shelf goes.
The entire length of the top shelf is 10'-5". It overhangs on the right 10". The left side is 48".
I did not provide the window treatments for this project. However, Kravet has similar hardware that is available through the trade.
- Beautiful fireplace. I'm building a custom home and have about two weeks to pick out a FP and am stuck. Can you please tell me manufacturer of this fireplace. I've decided to direct vent. Can you please tell me about this fireplace. this would be so helpful! Thanks
- What is the brown tile/stone material used for the fireplace surround? It's lovely.
mantle wraps around fireplace and creates shelving on sides
Asymetrical mantle with floating shelves
floating shevles extend beyond tile wall
Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268