Parkwood Road Residence Living Room 2Transitional Living Room, Minneapolis
Martha O'Hara Interiors, Interior Selections & Furnishings | Charles Cudd De Novo, Architecture | Troy Thies Photography | Shannon Gale, Photo Styling
- Martha, I keep coming back to the photos of this space, as it so closely resembles my own FR. Do you think yellow as an accent for white and gray has staying power? It seems to be *everywhere* right now, so its easy to find fabrics and accessories, but is it fleeting? I'm a little afraid to go 'all in' but struggle with an alternative that has the same impact. Navy? Orange?? thanks!
Outdoor light fixtures for brick house with white windows/siding
- What color outdoor lights? Match or not to match?
How do I go about getting the specifics on the coffee table? I may be interested in purchasing.
- I am looking for a large, large wooden coffee table.
- Hi! I saw that you sell the accent chairs through your company. Is it possible to get a picture of the front of the chair? I need four club chairs for my living room and these look perfect. Thanks in advance!!
What is the ideal area that should be between the fireplace hearth and the front of the two white chairs?
- Hi I love all of your work! I am trying to decorate my keeping room and am considering this layout...two sofas facing each other with chairs facing fireplace/tv. My question is would you do the sofas facing each other if they both have to be on the wall? if so, how would you make the wall not look empty? There are no windows or doors on the "sofa walls"....
- Is it possible to purchase the couch fabric from you to recover a couch. I love this room and am doing a remodel in my house. Would like to recover my couch. I live in south dakota so would not be able to have it done there in mpls. Thank you very much. LOVE your work.
Recessed lighting... What is the correct
- Size and kind of recessed lighting to use for a family and or living room?
- Have you done fire sprinklers in a home due to requirement? Do you have photos of how you can make them blend in.
Art/wall decor suggestions with this look?
- I've got a wall with a fireplace and windows, but then 2 sides of the room are big tall 2-story walls. What artwork or décor would complement your look?
- May I ask what type of fabric was used on the sofas. I have pets so linen is not a good choice and I am searching for an alternative that would work well in a " soft modern" environment.
Couches with brick
- Do you think couches this color would work with a brick inlay in fireplace and travertine/brownish tiles for hearth? Gorgeous room.
Why is the piano placed near the window area?
- We were advised to keep our piano on an inner wall away from any temperature shifts in heat or cold as the piano will go out of tune as well as fade the wood over time. I do notice that in some of the room designs the pianos are place in locations where they will be damaged over time.
- Could you please tell me where I could purchase this coffee table? Simple elegance! Love the legs.
- What kind of shades are on the windows? I'm on the hunt for window coverings, and I like the simple yet elegant look of these shades.
- Love the floral pillows on the couch. Are they custom or can they be purchased somewhere?
Is the mirror off center?
- Is the mirror off center? Looks like it is a bit more to the right to leave room for the flowers im presuming.
- I am a student studying in Sydney, Australia. What an inspiration you are Martha. My whole vision of design and decorating is becoming so much broader from viewing your work! Thank you.
does it go with cream couches
- Hi I have cream leather couches,
Will this wall color and yello gray combination work with cream couches.
gorgeous room...what is the trim color
- this room is so elegant and soothing and lovely...i know the walls are ben moore /shale...but what color is the trim. what carpet color do you suggest with this scheme.....thanks...bon
- love your work we have a black table i would love to put thes spiked pieces on can you give me any info on them what they are meade of where to buy
- I call martha ohara interiors about the ottomans, and guess what? it has been 5 days and the woman DID not get back to me.
- Do you consider this traditional with a modern splash? I'm very interested in introducing this color scheme. We are concerned the colors may be too cool for our existing feel. But are trying to find just the right shade of grey for our walls... it's been very difficult.
What Houzz contributors are saying:
Place furniture carefully. Keep at least the front legs of the sofas and chairs on the rug. In a traditional room, we prefer that all the visible furniture legs touch the rug if possible.
What Houzzers are commenting on:
These white twin chairs might be on casters. They offer style, comfort, and probably ease care. The yellow stools by the fireplace offer extra seating, a place for holding a book, or a footstool for cozy reading times. They would be easy to move if moving were to become necessary.