River Ridge - SouthwickTransitional Dining Room, Chicago
- Beautifully done room! Can you tell me where you bought the large glass canisters and the white footed bowl?
called the manufacturer but..
- Hi i called Orient Express and only furniture stores or designers can get the items from them. I was wondering how i can get the orient express table and chairs. i googled and there are certain items that are not carried online. . please help thank you.
What is the finish on the dining room table?
- Can you tell me if the finish on the table and sideboard is highly polished for a "fine furniture" look or is it more textured and grainy for a little more casual look? The furniture store that I am working with does not have a wood sample of the Dutch brown, only the acacia finishes from Orient Express. Thanks--the room looks awesome!
what is the size of the table?
- What is the highest width and length table you would recommend for an 8 wide x 10 length rug?
Beautiful! What size table can I fit into a 11x11 room for 6 people?
- Hello! I have a 11'7X11'10 room that I am trying to figure out how to fit a table, sideboard and 6 chairs in comfortably. I LOVE the look of this room but am getting really confused on what size and shape table I should/can use?
I actually do have a question!
- Hi! How are the draperies hanging without an exposed drapery rod? I love the look. My room doesn't have a coffered ceiling but does have crown moulding. Can I still hang my drapes to the top of the moulding like you did in the room?? Luv luv luv this room! Breathtaking! Thanks in advance:)
- How are the drapes attached to rod? It is invisible and exactly the look I want.
Distance between buffet and chairs?
- I was advised on houzz that there should be at least 36 inches between chair and wall/buffet to allow for guests to move around the table. It does not appear to hAve that spacing in this picture. Can you please comment? I've been looking forever for a narrow buffet and would be so much easier to find a standard 18" deep one.
Love the room!
- Was there any other wall décor such as art, etc. added to this beautiful space? If so, what? Thanks in advance!
Paint under chair rail
- Is it best to paint white under chair rail instead of painting it a color in the wallpaper? I have Coventry gray in foyer and LR and wanted to paint a bluish gray under wallpaper and chair rail in DR. What is best?
- This room is so beautiful. It's elegant and warm and so inviting! I love it!! Sorry, no question....Just wanted to give a compliment!! Gorgeous
Curtains or fabric!
- Where can I purchase the curtains or the fabric? The closest fabric I have found is Suburban Home Rico Gray. Thank you for your help - I LOVE your design work!
What are the dimensions of this room?
- My dining room is 13X12 and I would like both a dining table and tall display hitch (preferable) or buffet
- Great room! The curtains seem to be suspended from the ceiling; am I correct? If so, can you share how it was achieved or what type of rails were used, please?
- Can you please tell me the manufacturer and where you purchased the rug? The room is spectacular! Thank you
How are the window treatments mounted?
- Our dining room has similar windows with the trim almost reaching the ceiling. I don't want a rod to go all the way across, so I'm very interested in your solution. Thank you.
- What are the dimensions of this room? I have a similar room that is 11'x11' and I'm wondering if this is a similar size. Thanks!
How are the curtains hung?
- I have a window with very little wall space between the window frame & ceiling. Need a solution like this.
- Please disregard my earlier question about the curtain fabric - I found your earlier response that these are Maxwell Fabric Style: Intense, and found it online. Thank you! I love this room!
- Holy moly! This dining room is beautiful! In love with those chairs....Do you have any recommendations for a cheaper alternative?
- Hi Mary!
This beautiful room is my inspiration for my dining room which has a similar layout. I see the lovely mirror but I'm wondering what other wall décor did you add to the other areas of this room? Thanks in advance!