SOUTH COOGEE - HouseContemporary Bedroom, Sydney
This room plays off a white backdrop against textures, recycled timbers and soft grey accessories. Add the faux fireplace and the room is made for sweet dreams!
Photography by Sue Murray - imagineit.net.au
What is behind the wood wall?
- Fabulous design - totally love it. Wondering what is behind the wood wall? Thanks.
Wall on the ceiling?
- Hi, wondering if you feel the same floor installation used on the wall would work to install on a slopped ceiling?
- The bed appears to float, but I presume there is a base hidden underneath? Can you elaborate some more on bed construction. We would love to suspend our bed out of brick wall but are unsure if this is too difficult. Thank you.
Need help designing home office in small old bedroom. - approx 10x 12 ft
- Have antique one medium sized bookcase and library desk
What type of nail gun and nails do you use to install on the wall?
- Hi, would you please tell me what kind of nail gun you recommend for installing laminate wood floors and what type of nails? I want to do this this week to my living room wall. Also, there's an entry way that has a curved top.... how would I go about going around that with wood???? Thanks so much
Bed frame & end stands
- Would you please advise re: the bed and it's support also the end stand where did you get them? Simple elegant love it! Thanks!
- just wondering what the room dimensions and feature wall width are? Such an awesome room configuration for a king size bed!
Great combination of wall color with the rest
- Please share the white wall color brand and finish. Thank you.
What do you do around the exposed edges of the Kronos flooring?
- Does it look unfinished or did you finish it off somehow?
The wood background, Is that real wood or wallpaper? What is the color code for the wood background? Thank you
Baseboard and laminate edge finish?
- What size trim used for baseboard - in inches, if you please? :-) And how is laminate wall edge finished?
Love the wall as a headboard!
- Was wondering what minimum thickness the wall needs to be and the minimum width of the 'doorways' on either side? I was thinking of doing similar in my bedroom with a walk-in wardrobe behind but am a bit limited with space (4mx4.3m). Thanks!
Gorgeous! What dimensions do you recommend for the MDF box?
- Excellent Room! Wondering what the best height is for box/platform to achieve the floating look? For a standard queen mattress what size platform/mdf box do you recommend? Thank you
will a wood wall + my concrete ceiling make my small room look smaller
- I want to create a wall with salvaged or recycled wood in my very small bedroom. My floor is bamboo and I have a concrete ceiling. Will a wood panelled wall make my room look smaller and will it make it very dark? I appreciate your advice!
I love this photo,what is the name of the camera used,how can i get it
- send your answer to my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How did you treat the edges of the wood wall?
- Did you wrap it around the edge? Or do you see a raw cut edge? I have a client who wants to do the same think but does not have a place place to terminate like it is shown in the picture here. We may build out the wall to give a headboard feel.
height of the electrical socket
- what is the height of the electrical socket next to the bed? and the distance between both of the sockets?
I need help designing a bedroom and bathroom in a basement
- My daughter needs a third bedroom and a bath (shower, toilet and sink) in her basement with space built around her furnace and water heater! We want to put in two windows for light and emergency access to leave. We have a contractor hired to help but we would also like to provide some of the details and help to defray the financial costs for our daughter who is expecting a second child in December! The basement bedroom would be for her (the master bedroom) Any and all thoughts would be appreciated. I would presume you would need dimensions but was waiting to see if you would be able and willing to offer advice before continuing. Thanks so much! PS... Love your webpage and designs! Nancy
One more thought her basement incurred flood/wastewater damage in May due to 8 inches of raining falling in a short period of time. We want to put in a stop valve (I think thats what you call it) in her basement drain to prevent this from happening again!
What are trends in carpeting?
- Live in a rural mountain setting and am curious about current trennds in carpets
Laminate on wall
- Could this wood be used outside? Would it have to be treated to withstand a lot of rain?
The bedroom window
- Hi...adore this design. The entire project is awesome. Could you please tell me the dimensions of the bedroom ribbon window complete with the two awning windows? Many thanks. Kind regards Shirley
- I absolutely ❤️ the mantel .... Would you mind telling me what the dimensions are as far as height from ground and how much it juts out from wall!?! Thank you so much ☺️
- Is there a bed frame attached to the wood wall? It almost seems it's like a platform bed. Can you tell us what kind of bed it is?
- What is the faux fireplace made of? Was it constructed & then placed to the wall or built in?
Your work is beautiful.
- I have been on this site everyday for at least two years. I just wanted to say how I respect the way your answer everyone's questions and actually share your knowledge. Your room is very calming and inviting, job well done.
Modular end tables and wall unit.
- Where are nightstands and wall unit from. they are perfect for my project.
Timber look tiles?
- Would you use timber look tiles on the bed wall? I was thinking of using the same tiles on the bed wall as on the ensuite floor. What do you think? The rooms are connected by a galley style wardrobe so you couldn't see both at the same time but I thought I might be easier to use the same product.
Where did you get the fireplace surround and beside cabinets?
- I absolutely adore this room- I am redoing my bedroom and this is going to be my total inspiration. But I was wondering if you could tell me where the faux fireplace surround and beside cabinets are from? Did you literally just put the kindling wood inside the fireplace box?
Thank you- fabulous design,
Why is the ceiling dropped above the bed?
- I see some vents there but I don't see why it had to be dropped?
- Hi, we are putting our home on the market in the next few months. We have seen a property, a Bungalow with 3 beds. The thing is the have not made very good use of the space the property has, inside or out. I am looking for ideas for open plan over two levels, possibly with gallery. Any ideas?