Stone Residence 1Traditional Exterior, Austin
A traditional house that meanders around courtyards built as though it where built in stages over time. Well proportioned and timeless. Presenting its modest humble face this large home is filled with surprises as it demands that you take your time to experience it.
What are the dimensions of your french doors? They are so handsome
- We r adding a family room and are putting in two sets of french doors. Each opening is about six ft. I love your doors. Am worried that ours are going to look like patio doors and am trying to figure out how to avoid that. Thank you!
- Wondering if the stone is actual stone or a stone veneer. If so what company is it from and name of actual stone used? Also wondering what color of the metal roof is and what company it is from.
Hi, I would like to use this pic on my website
- Would you be able to email me a larger size of this pic? My email is email@example.com
- Is there anyway to view the floor plan for just the part of the house shown in this picture? Absolutely love this exterior!
- I would like to know,what kind of material could a porch have on top, without being, duty to see from the rooms on the second floor? And one last question, what kind of floor could my porch have, like the one in your photo, that could be easy to clean and won't stain?
similiar house plans?
- I realize you can't give out the house plans for this house but can you show something similar? I love the front and back of this house and I could have a different plan for the inside. Thanks
- I love the porch. We are adding a new addition to our house that will include a 11' x 26' porch. We want to use 12" round columns. What is the minimum amount of columns you would recommend using?
Color of standing seam porch roof?
- It appears this composite shingles are a grey/black tone. What color of steel roof did you choose to complement the comp. shingles?
Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.
Beautiful home! What is the type and color of ext. stone and bricK?
- We are building a home in Michigan and are going for the same look, a home that looks as though it's been there for a while but more modern on the inside. I love how you mixed the stone and brick on the exterior, do you mind sharing the types of each and colors?
What size are the windows in the dormers on 2nd floor?
- I'm building a similar home style with dormer windows and would like to make sure I get the right proportion dormer and window to the windows on the first floor.
Tell me about the porch floor. It looks like Ipe wood. Is it?
- If it's Ipe, is it laid with spacers or tongue and groove? Thanks.
- Is this home a two story? Looking at the pictures of the inside and all the vaulted ceilings I am curious. Thanks!
- what are the width and depth dimensions on this home? And what is the total square footage?
- Hi - id like to get some info on this roof over the front porch… It looks like a very shallow pitch which is similar to mine. I have a similar looking roof which is leaking and I was told this sort of roof should not have been installed on this shallow pitch ( 2:12) Can you give me any info on this pitch ratio and whether or not you have had any problems with it?
French door size
- Hello! Love the doors! I'm trying to decide between 6'8" doors plus a transom or 8' doors with a transom. Would you mind sharing what size these are? My porch is 10' tall. Thank you so much!
Our new home in Chicago
- Hi:) We absolutely love the Tennessee field stone that you used on this project. The samples that our builder has been getting us for our new home have not been the same. Could you tell me what builder supply or quarry that these were bought from? I would be so grateful! Thank you :))
Do you think the same look could be achieved if windows with bottom fillers were used instead of doors?
- Can you share what the width of this portion of the house is, looking at just the portion that includes the columns?
- We are building a house in Franklin, TN and was wondering which local stone company supplied the exterior stone? The house is beautiful!
How many bedrooms can you send a floor plan ,would like to know if I c
- How can I see floor plan for this stone house..
We are looking for house plans around 5000 s ft could you build less wings and but still have main front?
- this home is absolutely beautiful
Should porch dimensions be changed for a shorter porch?
- The front porch on our house plan is 36' wide and 8' deep with six 6'x6' posts tapering to 4.5" at top. After seeing your Stone Residence porch, we would like to have our porch plan changed to have the same look and feel of yours. The 36' is as wide as our lot will allow, so we're wondering what size changes, if any, are needed to achieve attractive proportions on the length we have to work with. Changing our windows on the first level to French doors will work after a little tweaking of our floor plan, but should the 12' porch depth and 12" post size you used on the Stone Residence be changed for our smaller plan to accomplish the same proportional effect? What about the window sizes on the top floor? We would greatly appreciate any advice you can give us. Thanks.
- Hi. Where can I buy a floor plan similar to this. My husband and I are about to build a house and this is the most beautiful home. Thanks for any info.
measurements front doors and transitions & interior ceiling height?
- Curious the front door and transom dimensions and then when then how that translates to ceiling heights in interior rooms? How did you handle ceiling mill work if any as looks like with second floor interior ceilings may not have much room above transom.
Brick and stone combo
- Beautiful! I would love to know the style of brick and the type of stone. Thank you
- What is the square footage of this home? I read an earlier post that someone wrote, "I know you can't show us the floor plan but....". Why can't we see the floor plan of this gorgeous home?
Color of metal roof
- Love this house! Can you please tell me the color of the metal roof? Thanking you in advance!
Roof Pitch on Main Roof
- Hello, can you please tell me the roof pitch on the main roof? Beautiful!!!
Thank You in advance?
- Hi, I was just wondering if the main roof just falls straight onto the lower roof. I cant spot ant down pipes in this photo.
Thanks for your help
Where stone meets porch floor
- Does the stone wall of the porch extend below the porch floor (ie. was it installed first from roof to foundation and then the porch added in front of it)? Or does the stone wall butt up against the porch floor (i.e. it sits on the porch floor) leaving the exterior wall below the porch with no stone?
What type of trees or landscaping would compliment this house?
- I'm building a similar house in SC and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on trees or shrubs that would compliment a house of this design? Would palms look odd? Perhaps magnolias or dogwood trees would be more attractive.
Square Footage of Main House in picture
- What is the square footage of the main house shown in this picture? Thanks.
Could you please tell me the ceiling height of the porch? Also, the dimensions of the front door set. Thanks
Better view of the addition to the right of the main house....
- Is there a better picture showing more of the room bumped out to the right of the main house? It has long simple windows that are so pretty. I am doing an addition to my home and thinking of a similar idea. Would love to see what that room looks like inside and out if possible. Thanks!!
- I was wondering if you could tell me the slope of the main roof and porch roof? I see the porch is 12'deep, what is the depth of the house that the main roof covers? Thanks
Brick manufacturer and color
- You did a great job selecting the materials for this house. We use the same stone fairly extensively. What brick color and manufacturer was used on the exterior.