Architects & Building Designers
Photo by Susan Teare
- We are adding one onto our lake house and I'm trying to gauge the size we will need.
What type of wood did you use? How did you treat it?
The wood is rough sawn local (Vermont) hemlock left untreated. It looks great in these pictures, but has developed grey and darker streaks where exposed to weather. I have also been using local white cedar for screen porch framing.
- This screening looks quite clear / see-through compared to other screened in porches. Or is that just the picture? What material / mesh size is the screening? We're looking for screen that lets in as much light as possible. Thanks.
I absolutely love your design.
I love the design as well, we purchased a mobile home and this same porch was built onto the front of the home, as a sunroom, I guess. It has screen all around it, and the homeowner even left us with panels of plexiglass that could be screwed over the screen for the rain and snow seasons.But, it's so hot on the porch in the summer, it's unbearable and same for the winter when we put in the plexiglass covers. We just have wasted space, so our next adventure this summer is to totally close it in !!!! Put Windows in, flooring, insulation and make it a room we can enjoy all 4seasons... Wish us luck !!! Plus, I know it will be a Great selling freature if we decide to sell on day... A Florida room, in Chicago !!!!
Love this porch. So beautiful
Yesssss! It's so nice!
I would like to having one at my cottage ! :-)
- I must live here!
A very small lake that I won't reveal to protect the privacy of my client- sorry.
- We live in Michigan so how might you protect the porch in winter ?
Side roll-up canvas ?
Love the clean simple design.
We are also interested in a cost range for the construction of this style porch. We have a small lake house upstate, New York
- Can you tell me the sf and can the plans be purchased?
Also interested if these plans can be purchased.
- Can you please tell me what lumber sizes you used. Especially for the posts and horizontal beam.
Very nice porch indeed. Good work.
- We are adding this porch to our home 10x12 in size. Can I get an approximate cost
Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268