If you're a Houzz Pro subscriber, three new financial tools now make getting paid and managing cash flow even easier. With deposits and retainers, you can collect payments upfront when appropriate to get jobs moving quickly. With payment scheduling integrated into estimates, you can not only set client expectations around the overall project cost, but also for when payments are due. When clients approve estimates, they’ll also be acknowledging the payment schedule.
You can request a deposit, multiple payments, or the full amount using either percentages or dollar values. This enables you to easily break down the payment schedule based on milestones or percent completion.
Whether converting a full estimate to an invoice, or progressively invoicing over time, estimate payments can be easily transferred to invoices, allowing for maximum flexibility with how money is allocated across invoices.
Deposits and Scheduled Payments on Estimates
Taking deposits and scheduling payments on estimates are both easy to do from the same menu:
- Select a project in the Manage section of Houzz Pro, and click on the Estimates tab
- Once you create an estimate, you’ll see the Payments section
- Click “Schedule a Payment” or “Request a Deposit”
- You have the ability to specify details such as amount, payment method, terms, due date, and status
- Once entered, you’ll see each scheduled payment in the Payments section clearly listed
- You also have the ability to preview what your client will see with the “Preview and Share” feature