Melissa is a Michigan-based interior designer who draws inspiration from art and fashion. She takes great pride in creating spaces that balance the classic and modern, while reflecting a client’s unique personality and an overall functionality of a home. With over 12 years of high-end residential design experience, Melissa has had the pleasure of being a part of The Junior League of Detroit Designers’ Show House in 2006, 2008 and 2010. She was also one of the featured designers in the Detroit staple, Pewabic Pottery’s Garden Party in 2011. She spent 6 years working as both an interior designer and studio manager at a high-end residential and commercial design firm in Rochester, Michigan where she worked on projects that ranged from 2,500 to 15,000 square feet. In 2011, she started her own design firm- Melissa Joan Vincent Interior Design.
Melissa holds a Bachelors of Science degree from Central Michigan University, where she studied both Interior Design and Community Development.
Past experiences include:
- Designer at the Junior League Show House of Detroit 2006, 2008 and 2010, Grosse Pointe, Michigan **
- Featured Designer: Pewabic Pottery Garden Party- 2011, Detroit, Michigan **
- Designer of The Royal Park Hotel & The Private Bank of Rochester **
- Designer of the Ladies Sitting Room and Powder Bath at the Junior League Show House of Detroit 2010 **
- Mention of the JLSH in Hour Detroit, May 2010 Edition **
**= With another design studio
3D Rendering, Art Selection, Basement Design, Bedroom Design, Color Consulting, Custom Blinds & Shades, Custom Furniture, Furniture Selection, Home Staging, House Plans, Interior Design, Kitchen Design, Lighting Design, Living Room Design, Nursery Design, Project Management, Space Planning
Brighton, Fowlerville, Howell, Oakland County, Metro Detroit
B.S. Central Michigan University